SVA Kit

Graham

When I got my kit I got a bag full of bits, which I presume is the SVA kit. One or two bits are obvious, even though I'm not quite sure how to attach them... But I'm not sure where to put the other 198 bits! Am I supposed to have some instructions for these? Or does anybody know where they all go?

Thanks.

Graham.

You have a couple of options :

1. Phone the factory and ask for a full and complete set of fitting instructions.

2. Ask your fellow builders here for some assistance - with more detail and info added.

I would try option 1 first  ;)  :)

Hmmm, I realised that but thought option 2 might be easier/faster....

Did others get instructions?

BTW, this is relatively new, I had very few of these parts on my three year old car.

There are NO fitting instructions for these as far as I know. However, they all go at the pointy end. Have a look at all your front suspension mounting bolts and nuts, upright mounting bolts and nuts, ARB mountings, top swivel to top wishbone securing nut, bottom swivel to bottom wishbone mounting nuts and bolts, the cycle wing mounting bolts and finally the track rod end securing nuts.

All of these require covering with the various size plastic covers you should have. The top swivel to wishbone securing nuts and the track rod end securing nuts need to have the 'dome' cut off to allow the relevant thread to pass through.

Thanks for that, certainly takes care of most of them and has stopped me hunting for the instructions!

How about some spiral wrap - sort of guessed front brake pipes for that...

Then I've got two triangular pieces of grp, which are perfectly shaped to cover the headlamp mounting brackets and the headlamp mounting bolts but I've no idea how they're supposed to be attached.

Then I've got some edge cover - I guess I'll find some sharp edges!

And finally, a whole bunch of little rubber covers that look like the're supposed to cover something roughly 10x10x50mm (with the hole in the 10x50 side) if that makes any sense  ;)

I've got some pictures of the Westfield SVA cap kit & where I fitted them in the SVA Section of my web site which may help.  My SVA was September 2002.

Chris

Bath

My Build Site

Excellent - I've located all the bits, even the headlamp bracket covers and an explanation of how to fix them!!

You seem to have got some of the rubber bits on your screen pillars, not surprising I couldn't find a home for them, I've got an aeroscreen...

I'm surprised the front ARB wasn't a problem, I'll be keeping mine in the garage until after SVA  ;)

Leighton Buzzard were not interested in the spiral wrap on the basis that if someones head got that far in the last thing they'd worry about is a flexible brake pipe!

Make sure all the covers are 'permanent' fixtures and not held on with tape.

And finally, a whole bunch of little rubber covers that look like the're supposed to cover something roughly 10x10x50mm (with the hole in the 10x50 side) if that makes any sense  ;)

I think you'll be using 2 of those to cover your bonnet latches, presuming you've got the same ones as me.