more RAC roll bar

andymcc

I've just got a '97 SE (live rear) 2.0 pinto which is top but having read the forum get the impression the standard roll bar is a bit crap -- I'm planning track days asap

Is the RAC type back braced?? if so what structures are these attached to (the rear is just the GRP tub?? me confused) I think the current one is the single bolt per side.

There seems to be several sorts (removable backstays mentioned elsewhere, effect on window box etc....Can someone please explain the differences and the best option to go for (in more depth that one works and one doesn't)

Thanks

Andy (ps will join soon & where is the easy search bit on the forum??)

if so what structures are these attached to (the rear is just the GRP tub?? me confused)

Get on your knees and have a look......there are (or at least, there should be) plenty of chassis rails behind the rear of the bulkhead. There shoud be some obvious mounting points for the rear stays, just by the lower rear corners of the fuel tank. Get a bar with removable stays, it's make fitting and removal (for repairs and such like) much easier. Get it from the factory, as they are the right price, and you know they're gonna fit. If you have a boot box, you'll need to "trim" it a bit.....ie, cut some slots to accommodate the rear stays.

where is the easy search bit on the forum??)

Scroll to the top of any page, and just to the left of the blue GGR logo (top right), you'll see 3 purple "buttons". Top one says "Search"..........