Your cars in stunning locations

Cleggy the Spyder Man

ok so who else cam seemlessly blend their car in  :laugh:

seemless.jpg

:p

• 1 month later...

Just come back from ten days in the Vercors region of France. Main aim of the trip was caving, getting to the bottom of the 1100m deep Gouffre Berger. This was the deepest cave in the world when first explored in the 1950's and is still a very challenging trip.

Too make it a bit more of an adventure, I did the journey there and back in Mr Toad, my Westfield. Lots of Autoroute miles unfortunately, just with the distance involved, but some stunning roads once there. Getting camping and caving gear all stuffed in to the "boot" and the passenger seat was a challenge. Did each journey, out and back, over two days, stopping at Epernay, about 200 miles south of Calais each way. About 380 to 400 miles a day. The car got lots of attention. Not a common sight in France.

17456.jpeg

On the road between Autrans and Lans en Vercors

17455.jpeg

At the top of the Furon gorge, winding its way down with lots of hairpins to Sassenage.

17457.jpeg

A drivers eye view of the road back down the hill from the nearest car park to the cave at over 1600m altitude. The quality and width of the tarmac deteriorated as you got higher but a fantastic 12 mile early morning zoom up.

Oh yes, the caving was a success too. Everyone, even me, who wanted to get to the bottom of the cave did so.

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

Recently completed a European tour. Here's a picture of my car at the top of Stelvio last week.

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

DSC02933.jpg

DSC02934.jpg

:cool: hope you were well wrapped up  :cool:

holy picture size batman  :laugh:

wife had a great honeymoon ....

honeymoon.jpg

Actually came across this couple at the top of the Col de petit St Bernard you had just got married and were taking pictures together on the mountains. Happy to oblige. It was quite cold but don't worry ... she was wearing thick leggings under that dress !!

what an adventure  :t-up: bet there were times when you wished you were in the exige  :D

XTR...........Fabulous photo's, am v. green with envy.

Ive just come back from my tour of Switzerland (literally  I got home at 5.00 A.M)

But here's what we got up to. Our first stop was of course here.

SDC11102-1.jpg

SDC11082.jpg

And this nice french chap turned up in this beautiful Jag

SDC11097.jpg

And a little drive by of course!

We then continued on to Mulhouse for an over night stop and the next morning we vistited the Auto Musuem there which was amazing! here's justa few high lights.

SDC11120.jpg

SDC11130.jpg

They have atotal of 120 Bugatti's here's some of the original collection which was priavte and owned by two brothers, they owned a cotten factory and the workers got upset because they were not being paid, they broke into one of the warehouse's to find these.

SDC11165.jpg

Damon Hill's entry 1994 Williams

SDC11159.jpg

A beautiful Merc

SDC11181.jpg

We then continued onto the Alps.

This was taken mid point on Top Gear's 1st "best driving road in the world"

SDC11199.jpg

On the way to the Stelvio Pass

SDC11204.jpg

At the top of the Stelvio after we had finished  having a snow ball fight!

SDC11211.jpg

Half way down the Stelvio

SDC11220.jpg

Looking down the pass on the south side

SDC11223.jpg

At the top of the Sussten Pass IMO this is the best driving road in the world! not the Davos road as the surface is much much better its also a prettier road.

SDC11243.jpg

And the Grimsell Pass

SDC11258.jpg

This guy made a great sound coming up the pass

SDC11264.jpg

Looking down in the Furka and across to the top of the Grimsell

SDC11272.jpg

Part way down the Furka the torrent of water was amazing considering its late September.

Photobucket

We then gave the cars a break and went on a day trip up Mount Palatis

This was lake Luzern in the morning.

Photobucket

Half way up the 7000ft mountin were people living here

Photobucket

a little further up the Mountin and the view looks like this

Photobucket

At the top the view was breathtaking!

Photobucket

And finally looking acros to the Eiger

Photobucket

And this was the end of our tour 3,500 miles later but what a trip, one ive been planing for 14 years so a big tick in my life box.

Good for you mate, great pics. What an adventure. Thanks for sharing..