Brake Cylinder

d1unc

Does anyone know what the make or part number is for the brake master cylinder on a 2002 westy (1800 Zetec)?

I am still having problems with the rear wheel locking before the front wheels and also being able to press the pedal right to the end.  I have bleed the brake about 15 times now so I'm sure there is no air in the system, checked for leaks - none found and adjusted the pedal as in the build manual.

I have come to the conclusion that the master cylinder must be faulty - has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,

Dunc     ???

You may still have air in the system........If you haven't tried bleeding the rear calipers with them off the car, and with the caliper held so that the bleed nipple is uppermost, then you need to try that. The rears can be a real b******d to bleed.

You don't say if you have floor mounted, or overhung pedals. If floor mounted, the pressure switch that activates the brake lights is a known area for air bubbles too.

Have a read of this, and search the forum, 'cos this has been extensively covered........