SeiW 2.0 Zetec

johnny2shirts

SeiW 2.0 Zetec

With regret my factory built 1997 SEiW with 22K miles on the clock is up for sale.

Bought by myself in 2004 the car was in original condition.  Subsequently over the past 6 years most of the car has been rebuilt by myself (I am a professional engineer and this is my second kit car) in order to perfect its track day handling and Yorkshire B road ride.  The car is now beautifully set up with very neutral handling on the track, enough power to steer on the throttle and enough ride height to be used in the real world as well.

On the track the move to a balance bar brake assembly and drilled and grooved discs at the rear has allowed the full potential of the brakes to be utilised dramatically reducing lap times.  Toyo R888 tyres provide very progressive handling on the limit and wide track suspension has killed previous understeer.

On the local B roads the provision of a heel rest allows for accurate thottle control and heel and toeing on bumpy roads and full weather gear, a long range tank and a heater mean that weekends away are a practical proposition.

The car has always been winter garaged and never seen salt.

So now the boring/exciting bit depending on your persuasion.

Engine

2.0l Zetec with full Raceline rebuild 3K miles ago including;

Raceline fast road cams

Raceline lightened flywheel

Raceline wet sump

Raceline water rail

Raceline inlet manifold

Raceline black powder coated cam cover

Twin Weber 45s with 75mm intake trumpets, Weber throttle linkage and Pipercross foam filter

Raceline rebuilt head with increased compression

Omex fully programmable 3D ignition

Jetted to suit with progression holes modification

175-180bhp approx.

Gearbox, suspension and drivetrain

Type 9 gearbox with quickshift

Wide track front suspension with AR bar

AVO adjustable shocks all round

Independent rear with Sierra LSD

Other

Quick ratio steering rack

Westfield RAC roll bar with boot box modification

Wunoff repackable S.Steel silencer

Twin brake master cyclinders with balance bar set up

Rear drilled and grooved discs

Long range fuel tank

Racetech black suede steering wheel with quick release assembly

Race seats and 4 point harnesses

Fire extinguisher

Tonneau, doors and full weather gear

Toyo Proxes R888 tyres

The car is MOT'd until Oct 2010 which was around 200 miles ago. Comes with spare wheel and rear mount fittings.

Price

£8,950 o.n.o.

Contact details

The car is located in Keighley, West Yorkshire.  I'm afraid PM is not a great way to contact me so please either phone me on 07879 457210 or email john@alpinezebra.co.uk if you are interested.

PICT02.JPG

PICT03.JPG

PICT04.JPG

PICT05.JPG

PICT06.JPG

PICT07.JPG

PICT08.JPG

PICT09.JPG

PICT10.JPG

PICT11.JPG

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.