Roll Bar position

Pembroke Pat

'RAC bar and hood' combo

I don't think they do - However all is not lost - Aldridge Trim in Chapel Ash Wolverhampton 01902 710805 have experience in hood modification to fit an RAC type roll bar  ;)  :D  :)

Thanks Mark,  I'll give them a call.  You must think that I am strange wanting a westie and some vague protection from the weather.

Don't fit anything other than an RAC roll bar - clothes can be wrung out, but you only get one head...

The thing that convinced me (and I've searched for it, but couldn't find it - perhaps someone else will post it...) was the pics on this forum of a crashed Westie with a stock roll bar. It folded completely flat in the impact and might as well have been made of cardboard...

;)  Has anyone got a rough price for RAC bar for a narrow

bodied car, with the three fixing holes,as mentioned by Nick M.

Also,where from ? please. :)  :0  ;)

cheers rob.

They're about GBP200 and the simplest place to get them is from the factory.

The variant with the detachable rear struts is easier to fit and to adjust to fit.

Just to add a little more it the confusion. The RAC roll bar that i have seen has the round pipe offered onto the flat plate and welded round, Looking at the welding the welds were not burnt in to well. IMO this is never the strongest, but is the quickest and cheapest for production! Having recently built my own rollbar the flat plates were bored and the pipe passed through (having V'd out the back) and welded on both sides. this stops the tube pulling off the plate!!!

Any rollbar that has a single stud fixing unless it passes through a piece of tube welded to the chassis, will do nothing and probably will still need rear stays to be effective.

Fit a rollbar with rear stays!!! Its not worth finding out when you need it most!!

Ok Ok  I'm convinced.  I was wondering If I was ever going to use a roof anyway.  Perhaps a tourneau just to keep the bird s--t out of the cockpit.

Incidentally, Westfield have said they would exchange my virgin roll bar an I would only have to pay the difference ( plus a team westfield discount to come off too)  so the cost should be £85 extra for the roll bar.