Any ideas on costs????

Brucester

Just sitting at work today having a little think.  Thought about Exchanging the VX 2litre running on Twin 45s for a VX 2litre Turbo lump.  Then figures started running through my head.

1) How much roughly do the VX 2litre 16v Pre Ecotec Engines sell for?

2) How much do pretty new twin Weber 45s DCOE go for?

3) Where and How much can I source a Turbo lump for/from?

Cheers for your views.

Why would you want to? THe power delivery characteristics of a turbo lump don't really suit the Westfield and you have all the heat and plumbing problems to deal with. Better spend you money on a 3D ignition system.

Seconded.

3D ignition and/or full fuel injection would be the way to go IMO. If you're looking to renew the engine, why not strip and re-work the one you have. Some porting and attention to cams and followers will put you on the way to 200 lag free bhp (maybe a little more), and no plumbing nightmares..........

How much is the 3D ignition system and would it simply improve driveability or power too?

Really would like a Quaiffe Gearbox with longer ratio's as my MT75 is a bit pants, whats the cheapest these go for?

Alpha 3D systems are the cheapest, IIRC, BUT you have to get them re-chipped if you change something, engine wise, and only approved dealers can do this.

Get hold of an Emerald, DTA, or MBE 3D system (search the archives for more info), and use it to control ingition. All of them can be upgraded to injection in the future, if you choose to do so. Expect a 3D ignition only system to be about 500-700 quid.........WEll worth it in the long run.

3D mapping of the ignition will improve throttle response, part throttle performance, and fuel consumption. You probably won't find any extra power, but it'll drive so much better, it won't actually matter, 'cos it'll feel like you've found a load.

Uprated MT75 ratios are expensive (I've heard 2 grand! ). It'd be cheaper to buy a Quaiffe interrnal-ed type 9 gearbox and install that, and flog the MT75...........

Motorsport News, every Wednesday. Pay around 600 for a Clubmans 'box, 6-800 pounds for a Pro box (better bearings), and about 1000 pounds for a dog box.

I put up some links to some after market suppliers for rally bits yesterday. Can't remember where though.......... Search my postings from the last month, unless I find 'em first and put a link up...........