SVA @ Leighton Buzzrd

d1unc

Has anyone had any experience with SVA tests at Leighton Buzzard.  I have an SVA test booked this month (October) for my Westfield Speedsport.

Any tips will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Dunc

I helped a mate of mine through SVA there. They were fine despite being inspected by Mr. Chief SVA Inspector at the time.

They were a little reluctant to allow us to fix things on the car on site but let us do a little fettling and passed us.

They pulled us up on:

1) Moaned about interior panels obscuring seat belt anchorages but let it pass in the end.

2) Didn't like protrusions on exhaust brackets. We removed the front clamp between collector and silencer and made sure the heat shield covered the other one. I thouight the exhaust was exempt but apparently the brackets are not?

3) They required rubber beading along the outer edges of the front cycle wings as they aren't radiused.

4) Didn't like the TSW wheel spinners and wire clips (TSW EVO "R" wheels). My advice would be to take off all the centre inserts from the wheels to just leave the alloy wheel itself - if you have them, of course. Generally make sure nothing sticks out past the rim of the wheel or they will expect a radius.

I don't think there was anything else. Overall they were very friendly, enthusiastic and out to pass you rather than fail you.

Good luck!

Kevin