brake lights

mmmmdonuts

Now that might sound like the stupidest question asked all day.  Twice recently people have said to me that my brake lights aren't woerking, but when I checkt hem they are.  I put this down to the engine doing a lot of the braking.  Today I had a bit more of a play, and it appears that they don't come on until you stamp quite hard on the pedal.  I can get the pedal far enough down to be slowing me down quite a lot, without them coming on.

I'm presuming this isn't normal.  What's going on?  Bad connection somewhere?

Have you got floor mounted pedals?

If so, then the pressure switch either needs bleeding (it's in a t-piece and points up), or replacing.... I've just had to do this myself, and have heard of it happening to others, too.

If not, then......... ask someone else  :D

If you have floor mounted pedals then they all do that sir. you will have a pressure switch in the brake pipe and they are crap. Sorry :blush:

I concur with Mr. Seabrook  ;)  :D

So do I!!

I am planning to fit an plunger/micro switch acting on the brake pedal to cure this problem, before some idiot in a Tin Top runs into the back of me. :devil:

I concur with Mr. Seabrook  

Very formal Mark :D still Blatman normally calls me two dinners :0

that was an easily answered question.  Thanks.

I'll have a look, give up, drive round with it like that for ages, have another look, ask someone, try again, maybe do it, or pay someone.

(based on previous experience)

I think the switch fitted to bikes would provide the solution. They use a nice anodised caliper banjo bolt with the switch in it, and being non servo, work at a lower pressure. This is assuming that your caliper threads are metric :) Brian.

still Blatman normally calls me two dinners

If he calls you two dinners I reckon he lost count with moi  :devil:  :D  ;)  :p  :)

Where's me postcard and stick of rock  :D  :p

Nuff respect  :D  was it coz you iz white  :D  :devil:  ;)  :D  :)

Coat on and runnin  :p  :devil: