Wipers Self Park

Peter Chapman

I have an 89 Sei which I have owned for some time and the wipers have alway driven me nuts as they just stop wherever they are when you switch off. Following on artical in Kit Car I got the correct 2 speed + park lucas switch to connect to my Lucas wiper motor and wired it up.

The wipers now stop at the end of their sweep ,unfortunately it is the end of the sweep where they sticking straight up!

Anyone know how I get them to sit in the more traditional 'flat across the bottom of the screen position'?

Thanks

Peter

???

hey pete.

take your dashboard out and move the wiper motor to the other side of the scuttle. it sounds like the new motor works oposite to the original one.

one little tip, mount the wiper motor so that the screw comes out of the motor and straight into the wheel boxes, by doing this you dont have to bend the guid pipes and the motor will work better because their is less resistance in a straight line.

Hope this helps and good luck

cheers Pete

Try re-assembling the wiper mechanism so that the drive cable run the opposite way past the wheelboxes, ie if it goes over the top now rearrange it to go under, or VV. This will reverse the park position. :)  ;) Brian.

I had the same trouble when I first fitted my wipers, and if I remember, there's a cam on the nylon gear in the motor that you can re-position on the opposite side. i.e. 180 degrees around the gear.

There's no need to move the wiper motor away from the passenger side of the scuttle - simply tweak and re-locate the plastic cam as Andrew says - that is once you've taken the wiper motor out and opened it up   ;)  :)

Thanks everyone, after a couple of uncomfortable hours with my head stuffed down the passenger footwell, it all now work perfectly!

Peter

:)