Westfield SEIW 2.0lt Zetec

wizzer

Westfield SEIW 2.0 Zetec CHANGE OF PLANS

Thanks for looking at my last add just thought I would do it again, this time with all the pics in one place with all the info

My car is a 92 sei wide factory built with a retro fit new not reconditioned 2.0 Lt zetec all parts were new from westfield, engine mounts, full exhaust system, all pipe work and header tank, etc.

Engine

New 2.0 Lt zetec the head has been ported and flowed @ component engineering Padiham Lancashire, it has a pair of Newman Fast road cams with Newman vernier pulleys, the fuel system is a set of Honda Blackbird carbs fixed to a Bog Bros manifold, it has an Omex ecu spark only with purpose made engine wiring loom, westfield 4 into 1 exhaust manifold with stainless silencer, it has a 1.8 zetec fly wheel that has been lightened with a standard 1.8 clutch

The car was set up by Daytuner performance in Harrogate on the day of the tune the rev limit was set to 6500 rpm and it made 156 bhp @ the wheels and it was still rising as it hit the limiter it has now been upped to 7000 rpm

Suspension

Independent suspension all round Rally design wide track with camber adjustment with red bushes, cortina front upright with new bearings, westfield rear uprights ally, fast steering rack 2.4 turns, disc brakes all round with willwood powerlites up front wit polly A pads siera rears with mintex 1144 pads New Team Dynamics 1.2 wheels with New Toyo r888 tyres 185 up front and 205 on the rear.

Transmission

The gear box is something very special its a Steve Perkins Type 9 Rocket box close ratio and is good for 280 bhp  These gears have been developed with the Duratec user in mind. The gear tooth profiles are much larger than ford original spec and are similar to a typical S/cut gear.The amount of engine torque this gear kit can be used with is about the same as a typical s/cut gearset. The gears are cut to an angle of 25 degree's this means there is more than one tooth driving at any one time which is stronger than one at a time as in s/cut gearboxes, and also 95% quieter. They are also gear shaved after gear cutting to perfect the gear form. First and second gear are bored out larger than standard which saves weight. In other areas we have also lightened the gear train, the benefit of this is enhanced syncro life and a potential faster gear change. First and second gear are fitted with caged needle roller bearings to reduce friction.

The gear ratios are as follows 1st 2.482 2nd 1.61 3rd 1.225 4th 1.1 5th .87 or .82 The .82 5th gear pair have an increased helix angle and finer pitch teeth for quieter cruising.

The diff is a siera 7" with Quaife ATB with a 3.9 crown wheel

Interior

The seats are Intrtrim odassy black and red with harness holes, red Sabelt 4 point harnesses, fully carpeted although I have taken them out, vdo gages with black faces, leather steering wheel, full wet weather gear,

Thanks for looking this car has had thousands spent on it in a very short tine so most things are as new and this is why I am looking for £9000

Cheers Tony

013-1.jpg

012-3.jpg

028-1.jpg

157-2.jpg

158-1.jpg

083.jpg

019.jpg

080.jpg

084.jpg

086.jpg

hiya

Nice looking car, fab pics... what do you use in the middle of the steering wheel on that bracket ?

Jay

Hi Adrian

There's a few reasons why im selling im very busy at work at the moment, so she cant go out as much as she would like, im sure when shes gone I will think ive made a huge mistake :down:

Tony

What a fantastic Car loads of great upgrades, gearbox/diff ratios sound bang on!

What a fantastic Car loads of great upgrades, gearbox/diff ratios sound bang on!

Thanks Andy :t-up:

Gearbox and diff have transformed it you can hit 50 plus in first and 70 plus in second :t-up:

Cheers Tony

Thanks Andy :t-up:

Gearbox and diff have transformed it you can hit 50 plus in first and 70 plus in second :t-up:

Cheers Tony

Tony, I have passed the details of this car on to a friend of mine who is looking for a car. He's not a member YET so might be an idea to put your contact details in the Ad as he'll not be able to PM you!!!

Where are you based?

Good luck with the sale.  :t-up:

Cheers Andy

Its also on pistonheads ill put a LINK my number is on there, and im up in the north west

Cheers Tony

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, the car has seen some mods!! I was the 3rd owner when she had a 1600 cvh in it. Was my 1st Westy and took me to Le Mans twice. Amazed at the new bits on it, steering wheel still the same though  :D

I have a narrow boat now LOL  .... 4 mph

Phil

Hi Phil

She's defiantly had some coin spent on her, I'm owner no 5, how long did you own her for

Tony

Hi Tony

I had her for about 2  years or so I think. A lot of fun and totally reliable.Did nothing other than polish and enjoy... O made some wind deflectors for the screen!. Total chance that I popped back on the site and saw her. If I hadnt noticed the reg plate I would never have known!! First owner was in Kelso , Scotland and spent its first years in a barn covering only a few miles which you will see if the MOTs have been past down. Strangley, it was then re homed near Nelson not far from you which is where I bought her from

Shame I,m not ready for another Westy yet or I would buy her back.  :down:

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

Sell the boat and shies yours :D  noticed on the mot it only did seven miles in one year mot station and back :oops:  thought I had a le-Mans virgin :laugh:

Tony

went 2002 and 2003 , no problems at all. I had a 2L zetec afterwards and had reliability problems. Good times.... will have another one day......... !

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Change of plans decided not to sell, instead spend more cash on cycle wings and stone chip guards

415.jpg

417.jpg

its a disease:love:  :love:  :love:  :love:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.