Differences between SE and SEi?

Hanslow

Folks,

Could you give me a brief idea of the differences between the SE and SEi models (factory spec of course)?

What else, apart from the rear independent suspension? Does it make that much of a difference, and when does the independent come into it's own as you might say?

Cheers

Steve

Well apart from the rear suspension there are no other differences.

SEi is probably more civilised on the road but on the track the chances are you wouldn't notice a huge difference - they'd both be fun !!  And the SE has the benefit of being slightly lighter.

What's the car's intended use ?  And what engine are you looking at ?  That may also help make up your mind as to which is preferable.

i  :devil:  :D  :p  :D  :)  :D

i stands for independent. If both models are wide body versions then there ain't much difference other than the rear susp set-up and the extra cost of it.

Get the i - it's worth it in the end - the rear end that is

;)  :p  A better ride on the roads and a better option to set-up.  ;)  :D

Thanks gents :)

Intended use is mainly as a tourer, with the odd bit of track use to show up my driving abilities (or lack thereof) :D

Just wondered as the Cossie engined one in the for sale section looks quite nice :) Not that I'm ready to buy yet as I still haven't shifted the ol' tin-top.

As a general guide, I was looking at preferably a 2.0 vx or zetec, or a 1.8 if the right one turned up. I had in my mind to get the SEi, but didn't know if there were any other differences with the SE and whether a driver of my (very) average capability would notice.

Oh and it NEEDS to be a wide one so that my missus can get her fat ass in and out the passenger seat :D:devil:  :0

Still mulling it over and waiting for the car and to sell mine anyway so I'm in no rush :D

Ta

Steve

Hi Steve,

Assume you have tried Terry Nightingale as well?

Oh and it NEEDS to be a wide one so that my missus can get her fat ass in and out the passenger seat
exactly the reason we have a SEiW as well :D

Where are you based?

Cheers,

Westy.

Westy,

I'm based in Notts, but currently without car as dealer is attempting to sell it for me, so pushbike for me. I have to ask nicely to borrow the missus' car :(

DodgeT gave us a run out in his at Dono (non-wide one) and missus got a bit wedged getting out of it :D:);)

Had a look on the Terry Nightingale site. Bit pricier than private, but then that's prob dealer type prices. Will be looking more serious once the Scoob has gone :D

Will probably call on one or two of you guys when looking to buy properly for the once over to make sure I'm not buying a lemon if that's OK. I'm sure pub lunch and drinks can be arranged :D

Will probably call on one or two of you guys when looking to buy properly for the once over to make sure I'm not buying a lemon if that's OK.

I'm in Notts aswell, Woodborough in fact. Your more than welcome to have a look at mine when your in the market

John

b*******  :angry:

Sounds like just what I'm after, apart from the aero screen, but I guess it's not too hard to fit a proper one? Guess I better give the garage a ring and see if they've shifted my motor yet. I'm on holiday next week as well, but may give the geezer a call when I'm back if I get any movement on my Scoob.

Then I've got to sweet talk my mother so I can store it in her garage :D

Why are things never simple..... ???

Thanks for the link westy  :t-up:  :t-up: