Pinto's / X-Flows

Fastboy

Guys,

I'm about to purchase my first Westfield  :D (Ex-Biker but her indoors worries too much when I go out) but don't have masses of money and am looking in the 6K area which generally offers me X-Flows and Pintos.

Could you advise the pros and cons of the above (I appreciate everyones different but it enables me to make a balanced decision) specifically tuneability in relation to cost and what I could expect as a maximum whilst retaining drivability !!!   and also any "Must haves or Must not Haves"

Thanks in advance     :t-up:

Hi Fastboy

Make your dicision slowly because I may be selling my 2 ltr Pinto SE in the next couple of months that will be in your price range.  The reason is that I will be looking for a V8.

I cannot remember the exact date but I think my car was featured in Kit Car May 1994.  The copy is in my house somewhere.

Kind regards

Bob

In ultimate simplicity terms the X Flow is lighter, but will produce less power than the far heavier Pinto, so depends if you are after nimble handling, or outright pace.

Before you buy - Join The WSCC (u can download a form from www.wscc.co.uk)

The club magazine always contains a wide range of club members cars for sale to a variety of specifications and should give you a sufficient number to choose from  ;)  :D  :)

Good Luck - it seems to be a buyers market with winter approaching  :xmas:  :xmas:  :)

You may consider if you want a narrow or wide bodied car also.. That depends upon how tall/wide you are. Also, 4 or 5 gears would decide if you want high speed for cruising or for racing... X-Flow is easy to work on. I have a Vulcan 135BHP and around country lanes, using the gears (produces lots of excitement) I keep up with my mates 265BHP V8 Westy... The weight v outright power arguement mentioned is a good point as BHP isn't the only measure of performance.

Steve

Steal two grand from somewhere and get yourself into a zetec car.

The xflows, pintos and cvhs of this world feel great when you first get them but the second someone takes you out in a zetec / vauxhall / bike engined car you will feel the urge to upgrade. Two grand spent at the time of purchase buys you lots more than two grands worth of upgrades.

I desperately wish I'd done this.  :(

Other than that - get cycle wings rather than swept ones and an LSD.

why, do cycle wings make the car faster?

No they don't.

But it does make working and reaching into engine bay easier, and better for loading onto a trailer  :p  :D

:cool: As a keen photographer, I often take pictures of a naked Mrs Phssthpok draped over the Westfield. Without doubt,  swept wings are aesthetically superior to the stubby cycle wings and show off her lithe curves beautifully.

Without doubt,  swept wings are aesthetically superior to the stubby cycle wings and show off her lithe curves beautifully.

Mrs Phssthpok or the Westy? :p