Leaving Westie  in a car park

gregh

I found that the 'secure' tax holder from the PO was a waste of time. yes it prevents people from re-entering the details on the disc, but it still peels off the windscreen if someone wants to p*ss you off.

15 quid bought me a hot looking carbon motorcycle holder that bolts to the windscreen piller, makes the car look 100mph faster :cool:

Westie,

err...holiday, accounts, job-hunting (I know I'm not the only IT contractor out there in the same position), other business interests.

Jonny,

wrt the peeling off of the GPO tax disc holder, I'm not exactly shy about where I park and in 2 years not one person has peeled or even attempted to peel the thing off.

Of course, when I've got to my eight year of buying these things, I'll be envying your saving of a whole £1 over that entire term.  :p  :D

leave my car in various car parks all the time, never at night though.  Still paranoid about that.  Nobody has stolen my tax disk as I haven't had one on my car for over a year.  It fell off ages ago (one of those alu ones with screws and stuff) and I never got round to putting it back.  I just have it in my bag all the time.  I guess I might get done one day.  Other than that I have seen a small child standing on my exhaust, and a big red estate hit my front wheel by turning too sharply.  I do have a few scratches that I have no idea where they came from, but they are all minor (no obvious deliberate damage).  usually just get lots of staring, especially if its raining (why don't you put the hood up?  What hood?  sort of thing)

I use my car a lot and haven't had any problems with it a part from admirers but I use  the following code

Put the tonneau on if left for any length of time

Remove the steering wheel via quick release (£90 but well worth it) and either take the wheel  with you or as I do secure it in the boot via a clamp and pad lock to the roll cage

remove ignition cut off key.

leave it in a highly visible place

I've left my car  everywhere even @ Elland Road after  playing the Scum (Man Utd) last saturday and it didn't get touched plus I have a Leeds sticker on the windowscreen.

If it gets stolen its insured after all its only a piece of plastic!

Buzz :(

could someone PM where this is?

Big red thing, can't miss it - that is if you have one fitted  ;)  :D Sounds like you don't  ;)

I use my car a lot and haven't had any problems with it a part from admirers but I use  the following code

ahem - Mr B - You forgot Rule 1 - Never leave it anywhere near Speed Series drivers for any length of time  :devil:  :D  :D  :devil:  :)  :D