Leaving Westie  in a car park

gregh

What's the view on leaving a Westfield unattended in a car park whilst at pub/sports event etc?

Nice weather forecast all week and weekend so aiming to use the car as much as possible  :D

Greg

Get a secure tax disc holder. I had mine nicked, £8 ish for a replacement but more ballache than cost!

park it tight, people dont seem to be able to see it when manouvering (had mine bumped once - not seriously though)

I usually leave the hood up on mine to deter people having a propper nosey.

other than the 2 incidents, it has been fine. secure car parks are more reassuring. if in a pub, leave it where you (and everybody else) can see it :cool:

i did this once and lost a headlight!

true! left it in a pub car park and sat in the beer garden with my back to it about 10-15 feet away and some nunney stole  a headlight and ripped the wiring out without me noticing!

a motorcyle chain lock can be a good idea through the wishbones and wheel etc and preferably to a bl**** big telegraph pole.... but if someone takes a fancy to it they are going to have it no matter what u do.

leaving it at a circuit or show etc should be fine... but remember not everyone who goes is nice. lock it up best u can.

The state of this country.......although i do accept that wakefield has more than its far share of theiving c"nts!

If possible don't leave it near any paths or where people generally will walk past. I've seen a few cases where people walk past open top cars and just spit into them and carry on walking :angry:

:0 Chain around the wishbones always a good idea providing you remember to unchain it.

:0 Most motorcycle shops sell secure tax disk holders

:0 I also put a chain around the steering wheel and rollover bar (stops idiot putting their sticky brats in driver's seat of "that funny looking car")

:0 Always take you ignition cut-out switch with you otherwise afore mentioned brat will have left your light on.

:0 I usually put the tonnue(?) cover on as well

:devil: Finally, put a "You f*ck with my car and I'll f*ck with your face" note on the windscreen

Phssthpok

Finally, put a "You f*ck with my car and I'll f*ck with your face" note on the windscreen

You really need to sort this aggression thing out  :devil:  :p  :D  :D  :D  :D

greg it would be easier to leave it at home safe and secure and go in the tin top :t-up:  ??? worrying about it while your away from it will spoil the day anyway mate ive done it :blush:

It must be different up here in Scotland, I've never had any problems anywhere I've left the westie, people wander over and look at / in it, even had tourists standing around the car having their photos taken with it  :blush:

I never worry about leaving it anywhere, unlike the scooby where I seemed to need my own private army to stand around guarding the car while I was away  :angry:

You really need to sort this aggression thing out  

:angry: Don't you ****ing talk to me like that you sloth toed ***k ****ing poor excuse for a kangaroos ***. If you were ****ing here now I stick my f**t so far up your a*** you.....

...you

...you

...f*** it I'm going to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have pretyy similar experiences to Robert here in North Yorks, though I do often remove the steering wheel.  I also quite often get photographed/filmed whilst driving round York.

Phssthpok - it's tourettes isn't it?

Robbie,

yup...you're right...in Scotland it seems to be a bit 'safer'  (?) ...however...some b@stards opened my tonneau cover whilst parked outside a pub in a 'good' area of Edinburgh.  Fortunately only my gloves were nabbed - but it was Xmas, and bl**** cold on the drive back home!

Apart from that, it's been the only 'incident' in my first year of Westfield ownership.

I got a secure tax disc holder from the show at Donington last year for 3 quid and that's as far as I've taken 'precautions' (*ahem*)  :p  

I have pretyy similar experiences to Robert here in North Yorks, though I do often remove the steering wheel.  I also quite often get photographed/filmed whilst driving round York.

Dam those undercover cars and speed cameras!

I haven’t had a problem parking up the car though I’m still bit nervous about doing it.  I find the more the public place the better even though there is the risk of people getting in it and stuff.  If you have a removable steering wheel great as I have never seen a thief carry a spare yet!

If you have the hood and side screens this helps an awful lot as well, what they cant see they won’t consider nicking, hopefully.

I vote blat it around everywhere use it throughout the year, its there to be enjoyed.