Nosecone fitment

furtive

I've got a new nosecone for my standard bodied car. The one on the car at the moment has never fitted properly and seems to be a low-line one. The new one "fits" much better - i.e. the dip where it meets the bonnet actually does meet the bonnet in the right place.

However, the old nosecone is fitted to the car by two posts just in front of where the bonnet goes. The new nosecone doesn't reach these. Both noses have flat sections that look like they should be flush with the top chasis rails, but the old one wasn't (the new one is). I'm assuming the nose should be secured here somehow.

So, after all that waffling, my question is - how are nosecones attached to the bodywork on standard bodied cars?

If nothing above makes any sense, I'll try and explain better with drawings or something.

OK, I understand your waffle - I think.

Yes the flat sections are ment to fit flat to the top chassis rail. You will need to fit rivnuts (a Blatman style search of the message boards will tell you what they are) into the top chassis section so you can bolt the nose down through the flat sections.

I presume the old nose cone also attached at the bottom - new ones attach to a single bracket at the front of the chassis using a suitable bolt and big washer.

I guess you'll need to remove the posts if they get in the way.

Hope that helps.

cheers

Mike

You might find it useful to have an extra pair of hands ready when you come to drill holes in the nose and such like as it might need a bit of manipulation to get it to sit straight.