Buying Advice

gadrego

I'm thinking of buying a second hand westfield or something similar.  I like the idea of the westfield over its rivals because of its popularity.  The Tigers also look temping but seem quite pricey (any reason?).  I'll have about £6500 to spend but I want something that will not lose a lot of value if I decide I need to sell it.  Does this apply to all Westfields or do ones with newer engines hold their price better?  I don't know what engine I should choose.  I want the car to do 0-60 in less than 6s as a bit of a benchmark.  I'm guessing about 140BHP is about right?  I also want twin carbs but will this setup give me any trouble.  Handling is very important.  What sort of suspension and diff setup should I be looking for?  Also, any advice on insurance?  I'm 21 and this would be a second car so very low mileage per annum.  Will I have any problems when it comes to registering or MOT.  Kit cars are new to me so all advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Graham

p.s any for sale in the North East?

in terms or mot, registering and insurance, none of theses are a problem.

registering is a with any other car, usual V5 stuff, mot is as the same as a normal car as well..

insurance is also good i've had my car since i was 20 and it cost me as a second car £470 FC with 3 points and unlimited milage then at 21 it cost me £355 FC with 6 points (oops)

however this year it has gone up to £389! gonna limit the milage this year or am considering getting my dad to insure it as im selling mine actually, want about 6500 for it but im down south..

I'd be interested to know a little more about your car.  Ideally I'd have some to look at up here but I seriously haven't found a single car to look at, not even one of the other seven style cars.

1994 Westfield SEiW L reg built from all new parts.

British racing green with red interior

1600CVH running twin 40 webers

5 speed type 9 gearbox

100+ 5spoke alloy wheels inc spare

chrome suspension arms, headlights, roll bar and exhaust.

Independent rear suspension

spax adjustables

disc brakes all round.

Full wet weather gear and tonneau cover.

The car has done just over 9000 miles and has 12 months MOT and 8 months tax

i've got some pics i can e-mail to you if you let me know your address.....

Graham,

Best bet IMHO is to join the WSCC and get along to some meets where you can talk to fellow owners and get a feel for what Westfield you would like.

regards

greg

Yep Joint the WSCC and check out whats for sale amongst the club members  ;)  :p  :D  :)

but I want something that will not lose a lot of value if I decide I need to sell it

But let's use some commonsense first - do you want some fun a grin from ear to ear or are you gonna purchase some Sevres porcelain  ;)  :p  :D  :)  :cool: