Stereos in Westies

:sheep:

I’m not one to moan but, why couldn’t Westfield have designed a car with a smidgen of  In Car Entertainment? Nothing fancy, a multi-shuffle CD player, quad tape-deck and self-tuning FM radio would do nicely. As it was, the only ICE my car had was in the footwell on a winter's day.

Normally I’m well-hard, the sort of guy who shuns rubber gloves when washing the dishes. On short journeys, I’d just let the erotic oscillation  of an unfettered engine act as the noisy back-drop to my delinquent day-dreams while I played squash the ‘hog on country lanes. But, on the motorway, I need something a little less visceral to occupy my dementing grey matter. So, at an ex-friend suggestion, I've started using my trusty Walkman as portable ICE.

Like most people over fifteen, I find modern music has all the entertainment value of the obsequious drivel printed in Which Kit’s famously unbiased road tests: although how you can call being driven around the block twice a road test is beyond me. So, instead of music tapes, I made my own personal recordings. Call me sad, but I recorded myself reading selected chapters from the august Westfield build manual. Not everyone’s taste, but sure beats the #### out of listening to the Elton Blurry Spice drone on. However, as any paid purveyor of the law  will tell you, using head-phones while driving is illegal. Don’t ask me why, I don’t make the traffic laws, I just break ‘em. To overcome this potential threat to my point littered licence, I’ve wired a small pair of high output speakers inside a flying helmet, powered via the car’s battery for extra touch of spunk. The Walkman was then slipped out of sight into my Barber jacket pocket.

If you need a stereo then you need more power or you chose the wrong road.

Move the noise pedal up and down and make your own tunes, add squealing tyres, the soundtrack is awesome, and you never get bored with the tune.  :devil:  :devil:

HAve to agree with Bananaman. Stereos are for tin-tops. I drive my westie 30 miles to and from work most days during the dry season  :) and have never once tired of the soundtrack of the loud pedal

Neo> Mono? that's a shame.

Mine plays full 2-channel stereo. Left speaker, exhaust. Right Speaker, Twin 40's sucking on the atmosphere  :D

clucking

There's some wierd carbs in Scotland  :devil:  :D  :)  :p  Methinks you may need some new jets  :D  :D  :)  Still better than a radio though  :devil:  :D  :p

stud buckle forgot about the twin 40s  :D i ve got stereo and did'nt no it yeepie :0

how big would the speakers need to be to hear a stereo over that noise and where would they go, :durr: 12" door speakers in pods in the tub pointing outwards would look so cool,think not :( nah steroe's and westys don't go i'm affraid :0 sorry :devil: bit like cateringvans and speed really :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil: