Wishing for a Wishbone

Warren E Smith

Had a "bad blat" this morning, got caught out by those nasty jumping kerbs and grass verges. :sheep:

After getting the car out with the help of two friendly passers by (Had to stand in a ditch with the Westy at Chest height to push it onto the road) limped home and found luckily on the following (obvious) damage:-

Bent Drivers side wishbone

Scuffed Alloy

damaged tyre sidewall,

1 missing indicator

I'm no spanner man but figure that even a dullard like me can change a wishbone, sort a new pair of indicators and then run the car to a tyre shop, without troubling my insurers for a dole out.

My question though is this:-

If the cars' been on it's belly on the verge and bumped all four wheels sideways over kerbing, do I need to look deeper than just superficial appearances for everything else?

Anyone got any sideways, wishbone bashing experience?

???  :(  :(  ???  ???

THANKS

I'd replace the obvious bits as you've detailed. It really does'nt sound that serious. Then with new stuff fitted 4 wheel alignment check is the order of the day, try to find one thats not staffed, or stuffed by YTS peeps. The only real question is, if anything serious IS amiss, ie bent chassis, then it will become an insurance job, and they should have been informed ASAP. FWIW me money's on the former. ;)  ;)  ;) Brian

Cheers Brian,

Got the construction manual out and will take the settings to a half decent tracking centre (if the one I know is still half decent....)

NEXTQuestion though.

Seen some MOTRAX indicators in a bike shop £15 per per, look good & hopefully will fit (need to measure size of hole in nosecose for the "floppy" ones that were fitted)

Done a search and would guess that the car would fail an SVA test with these, but, as mines a '96 already Q plated, does that mean they should be fine and legal as a replacement fit? :)