Diffs....

Quick_Learner

seeing as its the Newbies section, you'll have to excuse my ignorance but..........

i cant find a LSD differential anywhere. Ive spent hours surfing and calling, but even the most helpful of merchants is lost.

does anyone want to share their sources with a few close friends?

thanks in anticipation...... QL   :)

oh, and any other bits that i might need to go with my SeiW Starter Kit - thanks again!  ;)

You are after a 7" ford Sierra XR4x4 rear diff it came in 2 ratios 3.62 fitted to all V6 versions, 3.92 fitted as an extra to the 2.0L version (these are quite rare now). I also believe that some Granardas were fitted with a suitable LSD, but have no details, if you have a newish chassis (sorry don't know from which year) you can use the 7 1/2" LSD from a Cosworth.

To find one try searching the adverts here http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/ford/parts.htm or http://www.xroc.co.uk/ this is how I found the LSDs that I brought this weekend. Also it may be worth trying Darren Hardwicke (07815 160408) he had a LSD (3.62) for sale on Sunday, but as I advertised it on this site on Monday I feel it may have gone now.

Good Luck

Rob

Also try Kit Fit : 01636 893453

Sells reconditioned diffs and brake kits.

No connection, but his workshop is about 50 yards from my house and John's a really nice bloke who has lent me tools on several occasions :).

Andrew