Handbrake Cable

Richardr

I have a problem with the handbrake cable not reaching the Handbrake linkage rod, being short by about 30mm. I obtained a replacement from Westfields but the same problem. I have now checked the calipers against an old one, and found that the operating arm on the caliper is about 30mm longer between the hook and outer cable retaining bracket than on the old one, accounting for the problem.  I contacted the supplier of the calipers I bought, and was assured they were off a 4x4 Sierra. Does anyone know if there are different length cables, or a work around without obtaining another set of calipers.

I hope this makes sense,

Regards

Richard

You can get cables made to suit. I had my handbrake cable shortened by a company called 'Venhill' in Dorking Surrey but i believe there is a company called speedy cables. I have there flier somewhere i'll dig it out and let you know later

Speedy cables (london) ltd, the mews, St Paul street, Islington, London N1 7BU

tel 0207 226 9228

According to the flier they do everything from supplying std cables to making up to your spec.

Blimey, that's an old flyer. Speedy Cables moved about 2 years ago, IIRC. The cables division is in Hertfordshire somewhere, and the instrument section is in Swansea...........

Thank you for your help Paul. I have contacted Speedy Cables in Hertfordshire, and they can modify my cable to suit. Their number for information is 01992 581600. :D

I have had cable modified, excellent service. Posted Monday afternoon, received back Friday.