Westy SEiW WANTED....

RoadRunner999

Hi Guys,

As I have been searching for a Westy for what seems like an eternity with little success (season now looming)  :bangshead: , I thought it high time that I should post in the wanted section for assistance from those ‘in the know’. Any tip-offs in relation to vehicles available will be gratefully received.

I am seeking a 1.8 or 2.0 litre Zetec based Westfield SEiW ready to roll in good condition / well built with no issues for road use only. I intend to use the car as much as possible all year round when safe to do so.

Purely as a guide, the car will ideally have the following:

Throttle bodies and E.C.U.

Shallow or dry sump

Polished exhaust with cover

MT-75 or Type 9 gearbox with quick-shift

Limited slip differential

Anti-roll bars

Independent adjustable suspension all round

Wide track wishbones / front suspension

Disks all round (with four pots)

Removable steering wheel

Contoured dash

Two speed heater / heated screen (I am not looking for an aero-screen model)

Adjustable high back seats with four point harnesses

R.A.C. approved roll bar (failing this, mounting points welded to chassis in readiness to fit R.A.C. bar)

High visibility brake light mounted

Rear mounted spare wheel

Vented nose cone and V8 bonnet (engine filters / intakes hidden within bonnet)

Locking bonnet (not catches)

Carbon effect rear lamp kit inc. fog and reverse lights

Full wet-weather gear (hood & doors) ARE ESSENTIAL

Rear tonneau cover or lockable boot box (know this is difficult with RAC roll bar)

Colour – ideally yellow but will consider blue, black or orange

**** I UNDERSTAND THIS IS A LONG LIST OF 'WANTS', THAT I AM UNLIKELY TO FIND A CAR WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE AND COMPROMISES WILL HAVE TO BE MADE ****  

Budget is £8k ideally but will stretch for the right car.

I hope to buy from a private enthusiast (ideally WSCC member) who knows their car inside out and is able to provide full history and an honest account of any issues.

I am based in The South-West.

Many thanks in advance for your help....  :t-up:

Take a look a "DaveO' s car up for sale now on here. Its on slicks at the moment but i think that Dave has the parts with it to easily convert it for road use included.

Its more than your budget as it stands but I have seen this car and it is truly superb. If you had to build a car to this spec would cost you double (at least) for what hes asking.  :D

Hiya Mark,

Thanks so much for the 'heads up'.

I had spotted Dave-O's fantastic track car (I am keeping an eye pretty much constantly).

Amazing spec. but is WAY.... over my budget. Also, I would not have further funds or time to convert back to road spec. if I were to purchase this (it's a little too far removed from what I am after, not to say it's not an absolutely cracking car).

I have already ruled out the likes of VX, Duratec and Sigma based upon budget.

Cheers anyway Mark - appreciate that  ;)  

Good luck with the sale Dave-O  :t-up:

To illustarate what I am seeking, here's an idea of some of the cars that I have been interested in but pipped to the post on:

16532.jpeg

16533.jpeg

16534.jpeg

**** PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT A TRADER ****

Please guys, if you are thinking of selling a car resembling spec. outlined in my post - GIVE ME A SHOUT.

I am getting frustrated that those few cars available are going to traders who are then over inflating prices to make a fast buck  :bangshead:

Sorted now. Ended up getting myself a nice Zetec powered MNR Vortx.  :p

I'm also after a  SEIW Westy. Although Roadrunners requirements would be ideal for me, my main wants are fuel injected 1.8/2.0 Zetec/2.0Vauxhall and a  windscreen. But most importantly it has to be well built and in good condition (which I'm sure they all are in this forum).

Hopefully I'm not stepping on Roadrunners toes by posting in his wanted ad, but I'm at the opposite side of the country (North West) to him.  :)

Yep - looks like we are looking for the same car Cerbera. Encouraging to see that others are after similar spec. hence I must be doing something right  :p

Good luck with your hunt. Maybe we can go out for a blat when we both have cars. How are you fixed for summer 2020?  :p   ;)

Please all note that I am aware I will have to travel for the right car and am willing to do so.

Thanks  :D

I have visions of you two hurtling down motorways from opposite ends of the county trying to get to view a car first  :laugh:

Good luck with your hunt. Maybe we can go out for a blat when we both have cars. How are you fixed for summer 2020?  :p   ;)

Thanks, you too  :)

Hopefully it won't take that long to find one, but if I'm down that way then I will give you a shout.  :laugh:

Nice response there Cerbera!! - ha ha  :D   :p

Think RoadRunner got caught in the end though (didn't he)??

Hi Chaps, may have just what you are looking for,

2000(W) SEiW speed sport 1800 in yellow

Factory built

Jenvey Throttle Bodies

Std 1.8 zetec

MBE ecu

MT75 box with Quick shift

Quick steering rack.

Ducted nose cone

Navy blue interior, high back adjustable seats (yellow piping)

Westfield roll bar

Lockable boot

Immobiliser

Full weather gear incl. Tonneau (Navy to match)

5x New wolfrace wheels

8000 miles

In showroom condition

Reason for sale, i have a 2nd Westfield

Looking for arround £8950 ono

P.M me your details if interested so i can e-mail pics

thanks

James

a fast buck
often known as putting food in front of your kids.  :oops:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.