Busa passed SVA today!!!!!!!!!&#33

peterrosey

Despite a few last-minute problems (steering column knocking, minor oil leak, wrong speedo pulse setting) finally got the Megabusa through SVA and taxed it today!!

Tested by Nick Wright at Nottingham SVA in Watnall - nice guy - with no major problems. Initially had two failure points - VDO speedo read 56mph at 30mph and no spec markings on rubber hose from clutch reservoir to clutch cylinder (requested a spec sheet to be faxed over to SVA Notts, but Westfield said that hose was supplied by AP Racing and they had no spec sheet - tested accepted this).

Whole test took three hours and was much less daunting than some of the web reviews would have you believe. Top tip - don't bother trying to pad under the steering column and lock etc - I covered the whole thing with a vinyl-covered sheet of perspex zip clipped in place with a little half-moon shape cut out for the ignition key - tester clearly approved.

And after a visit to the tax office and set of plates (Halfords make 'em up while you wait, usefully) it was playtime!!

Was it worth 6 months hard graft, numerous problems and the loss of vast amounts of money?

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

bl**** #### it's quick!!! bl**** #### it responds well!! And the steering!!!

Sell a kidney! Do what you have to do!! You have to try one! Every gear is like being strapped to the side of a solid fuel rocket! 6th pulls from 40 to 120mph! I remember Westfield's demo being distinctly nippy, but this thing is insane...

Sorry, must calm down now... high on post-SVA elation.

Thanks to all the help and advice from forum members on this car - it's all useful stuff. And if anyone wants any Busa build advice then feel free to contact me.

See you at the track, when I've learnt how to drive it... :D  :sheep:  :t-up:  ;)