Wot wheels??

BobM

Visited those nice people at Westfield yesterday and ordered my Megablade kit. Didn't order wheels though ...

What size do you folks recommend? Westfield recommend sticking with 13", which appeals from the point of view of cost (I'm more worried about tyres than wheels). What are the advantages of bigger wheels apart from looks?

Also anyone recommend a supplier?

Bob

What are the advantages of bigger wheels apart from looks?

Bigger brake disks fit, which shouldnt be a problem with the standard size disk being enough for most people. :devil:

Stick with 13".  Bigger wheel/tire combinations weigh more, increasing the unsprung mass and rotating mass.  On a car as light as a Blade this will have a detrimental effect on the steering/acceleration/braking/ride quality. :arse:  :arse:  :arse: But 15" look good. :D  :D  :D

Look up George Polley, from the WSCC links page for wheel and tire prices.  I havent used him, but his name always gets good comments for price and service.

I have Mike Barnby Eng wheels on my car 3.5kg each cost about the same as the factory Image type there is at least one blade car with these wheels on as well look at my car link below.

13" wheels are the ones to have tyres are cheap Yoko 032r 13" 205/60 two of to my door £154 IIRC

or Avon ACB10's more money though.

Paul.

Check out Superlites, weigh 3.5Kg and you can get the centers powder coated to your colour.

Check out on www.superlite-wheels.com

Nick

Pics of my wheels on their website, if you want a better view, I will e-mail you.

Sorry, I dont believe the superlites weigh 3.5kgs, even their ultralite ones...

The barnby's weigh that, and they're magnesium centred and very very thin rims.

Cheers,

Al

p.s. When I was researching wheels superlite told me different weights every time I rang up.... Started at 4.5, then was 5.5...

Sorry, I dont believe the superlites weigh 3.5kgs, even their ultralite ones...

The barnby's weigh that, and they're magnesium centred and very very thin rims.

Cheers,

Al

p.s. When I was researching wheels superlite told me different weights every time I rang up.... Started at 4.5, then was 5.5...

Thanks for the replies guys - pity these websites don't have prices (Polley and Superlites that it).

I think the magnesium word is going to be a no no. I consider myself lucky to have got the kit past planning approval with management, better keep it low budget on the wheels!

Bob

KN Minators.  13x6, £60 each (13x7 £70 not that you need them).  Available with black or silver center, black ones have a polished rim.  Pretty light and cheap.

I can vouch for the KN Minators, my new ones arrived yesterday.  6X13" in black with silver rim fitted with A539's.  Got them from topgear.co.uk delivered and with 16 bolts for £430.  Very nice indeed.