Duratec alias (Durabang)???

RoadRunner999

yup im sure tommo i have done more than one event there  :t-up:  think it was the yellow car i was in , infact looking at it i was in the vx caterham ,though there does seem to be some events missing from there archive aswell as there is no events showing me in the orange vx car and i did about four events there in that  :oops:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nikpro

• stephenh

• CedricTheBrave

• SteveD

I have no idea what a Zetec is good for, but I do know what my 2.0 litre duratec does. It produces 237 bhp and could do 240 if we cut a hole in the bonnet for the air intake. It pulls smoothly from very low revs for road use, and runs up to 8,000 rpm on track as smooth as a sewing machine. That is on standard crank, rods and pistons. Except that the pistons have to be pocketed of course for the high lift cams, and the rods have arp bolts. It isn't cheap to do that of course, but I do think that is partly because of the fact that it is much newer.

The rollers showed 242 bhp on my zetec, and that is with the restrictive westfield exhaust manifold, and fairly restrictive intake setup (I didn't want to cut intake holes in the bonnet either). That is using a standard st170 bottom end plus modded head and cams.

As I only use it on the road, if I was doing it again, I would skip the head and cams as I can't use all the power and a standard st170 +tb's will give in the region of 200-210 bhp.