Few questions about suspension!

JamesD

Just in the process of getting all of my suspension components together. After much advice from this forum I decided to go the AVO route and am pleased with the quality of the items....anyway.

I have a pair of reconditioned Cortina front uprights, do I have to purchase the ball joints from Westfield or can I source them elsewhere?

Also the hubs studs are too short, can anyone tell me where I can purchase some longer studs as there is not enough thread showing to attach my alloys!!

Thanks in advance

JD  ;)

I don't have the ball joint part numbers to hand yet, but I'm sure some-one will beat me to a parts list. They are Transit parts, IIRC.........

Longer studs can be had from Merlin Motorsport.

Morning James

The bottom ball joints are Maxi and the top ones are Transit drag link , and after looking long and hard (being a tight yorkshireman)they are as cheap from westfiels as anywhere.The wheel studs try Burtonpower Part# WS1215

They are £12.38 for 8 inc vat and p+p..Tel  020 8554 2281

Steve :p

The cheapest place to buy the top ball joints is off Throbbin Hood. Ten quid for a pair IIRC. BUT you will still need to obtain locknuts for them, and the above suppliers are ****e. I personally agree with Steve, Westfield are not that far away price wise, and you get the locknuts which can be a bit of a b***h to source elsewhere.