Sports seats, narrow bodies

samcooke

I want some high back seats that give a bit of whiplash protection and shoulder support for my 89 SE.

I've had a good search about (in real life as well as on this forum) but I'm obese and the only recommendation which comes up for narrow cars is the plays kool grp seats which I won't fit.

I'm 5'9 and 14 stone and fit neatly, although not overly tightly, between tunnel and side, so any seat that narrows this gap by more than a couple of inches is a no go.

Any ideas?

Sam

And yes, I know fatties should buy wide body cars.  :p

If you can't get into the Plays-Kool GRP seats (there are two sizes, be sure you tried the wide ones) then your only choice are c******m Tillets.  Very expensive but they are a perfect fit (if a little tight which doesn't allow runners to be used so order them with the fixed seat brackets).  They're £550ish a pair and are quite simply the best seat of this type out there and I fit in there just fine (5'11" and 16st).

If you can't get into the Plays-Kool GRP seats (there are two sizes, be sure you tried the wide ones) then your only choice are c******m Tillets.  Very expensive but they are a perfect fit (if a little tight which doesn't allow runners to be used so order them with the fixed seat brackets).  They're £550ish a pair and are quite simply the best seat of this type out there and I fit in there just fine (5'11" and 16st).

there are two sizes, be sure you tried the wide ones

I didn't actually try them, the fella at Plays kool told me that with my vital stats I wouldn't fit so it wasn't worth the trip (from Essex).

Are they tillets in the PPE, then? and is that because you wouldn't fit the plays kool ones or because you are a bit flash? ;)

Judging by your stats I would think you and I carry a similar (36 inch) girth so your experience would be most helpful. Ta.

The Tillets are in the PPE, the Snotmobile has Westfield padded sports seats.  I bought the Tillets because they were the only option that I knew of when I got them.  The P-KM seats came along later.

Also our girthage seems similar and I fit into the wider P-KM seats no problems.  Very comfy indeed and they hold you nice and tightly.  You need to double check that they will indeed fit in a narrow car though.  They flare out at the shoulders which might cause problems...  I'm sure Paul could tell you either way whether they'll go in or not.

I've got a pair of Richfield RX777's in mine and they're quite good IMHO.  You'll never go competitive racing in them, but for the odd track day and mainly road use, they've been great.  I'm 5'10" and 13 stone, but they fit me when I was 15 stone.  They're about £400-450 ish for the pair direct from Richfield in Nottingham.

A piccy - sorry about the size...

Wench1.jpg

hi, samcooke :t-up:

just bought a pair similiar to captains , called the Ranger.

try INTATRIM telford ,01952 641712,   very comfy and made

especially for narrow bodied westies.   :0  :0  :0  :0

Think i paid £238,for the pair, that included delivery.

sorry no picture, but there advertised in europa whichkit

and kitcar international.

cheers Rob :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Cheers-ears rob, those are the ones for me :t-up:  - not as sexy as tillets but under half the money and look quite business like I reckon.

Only thing is - I reckon the harnesses would scuff the vinyl on the shoulder wings to bits...

Here's a link to them for anyone else who might be interested.

:)

What you need is some harness cutouts - do they offer?

Incidentally, looking at the piccie, doesnt the front cushion extension get in the way when getting in the car?

I have some custom made seats in mine which are OK but have a similar design and I find it is just where I want to step before lowering myself in - not crucial, but annoying and means you will have to stand on your nice new seat all the time..... ???

You're doing it wrong chris.

Real hero Westfield drivers vault into place over the rollbar so avoid mucky footprint on seat scenarios.

The chicks dig it. :)

Not sure about harness cut outs - I'm about to ring them - and I bet the nice big bolster under the thighs is double comfy for long drives in top like motorway runs or Thruxton, isn't it?

I must be getting old Sam! :blush:  ???  :blush:  ???

It was just a thought, before you parted with your hard earned..........

And to be honest, the support only works as you suggest when cruising, and then only the left leg !

Good Luck !

5.11 and 17 stone and i have room around my waist,dont know why you wont fit unless its all oround your belly

had my seats made to my own design very basic high back seat with no padding but there is room to add some if you wish,these seats give the maximum amount of space in a narrow body cost approx £70 each

mick