Shopping for VX engine + others

Quick_Learner

I'm at the stage where im now looking for a 2.0 16v Vauxhall engine, Type 9 gearbox and diff.

This may seam a lazy request, but im finding that quite a few people are willing to sell me these individually, but i dont know the people im talking to, and weary (maybe rightly or not).

Does anyone have any good reliable contacts that i can talk to to buy these from. I guess anywhere nationally would be good, however im in the Midlands if it helps.

Thanks all.

QL.

Join the WSCC - learn who's who and speak to fellow VX drivers  ;)  :p  :D  :)

I'm at the stage where im now looking for a 2.0 16v Vauxhall engine, Type 9 gearbox and diff.

This may seam a lazy request, but im finding that quite a few people are willing to sell me these individually, but i dont know the people im talking to, and weary (maybe rightly or not).

Does anyone have any good reliable contacts that i can talk to to buy these from. I guess anywhere nationally would be good, however im in the Midlands if it helps.

Thanks all.

QL.

ive got two for sale ;) But I do agree with Mark join the WSCC and learn whose who and whats what in buying an engine.

i guess it depends wether you want recon units or want to recon/ clean the units yourself.

A breakers yard is a breakers yard at the end of the day. the only thing that would make one better would be if they let you choose which car the bits come out of. This lets you check milage and general car condition. e.g. a clean looking standard car will have been looked after better than a max power readers car with wacky spoilers with blackpools illuminations, and this would probably be reflected in how well running gear has been serviced and driven (not always fool proof though). This in turn would also effect recon costs too i suppose.

i guess youd need  a recon 2l vx as they are getting on a bit now......(thread baited)

I have a type 9 gearbox that is in my car until Tuesday that you can collect for £30 I live in Cleethorpes Lincs.

Its one for a Zetec are the Vauxhall ones a differant input shaft?

Paul.