pinto ,shallow or winged sump?

guys ,im new to this ,just bought my first westie and havin a lot of fun changing bits an bobs... :D

want to know if a shallow sump is best for a 2.0 pinto  ground clearance not to good at mo ???

Welcome lenny65! :t-up:

A shallow sump would indeed be a very good idea if your cae hasn't got one already. You could get the existing one 'chopped', or otherwise hope to drop on a S/H one. Not sure if anywhere actually make a lowered sump for a Pinto now - but if any, it is likely to be Burton Power, or Vulcan :)

thanks stu, will give them a try .....just thought it looked a bit dodgy with the state of our roads these days an speed bumps etc

adrian

Westfield still sell a shallow sump but its expensive about £330, cutting your own down is an option but be careful of clearances (other forums may give dimensions) and also if you intend on lots of trackdays the lower oil capacity may be a problem. Finally you can often get second hand rs2000 winged sumps off ebay, i have one of these and they are perfect for the job, and you should get one for around £100... I just sold a westfield shortened sump on ebay for £80!!

hi lenny, i ran a pinto westy for over 5yrs with a few differant sumps, short and std. Robin hood sports cars make steel shallow ones with std oil capacity. But i found them all crap! Still got bad oil surge and lunched a few big ends. The best i found was an rs2000 alloy baffled sump.. Its not that shallow but i found it better to be carefull over speed bumps etc than lunch another engine. If you cant afford dry sump then this is best option. Even with rs sump keep am eye on that oil pressure light on track days. I would also suggest a low oil pressure light if you aint got one.

thanks for that, its all a big learning curve at the mo,only had the car for 2 months ,just finished re doin the interior(well more or less ) yesterday.put in a westfield vynil dash and dicovered the wiring for the hazard switch is now totally in the wrong place :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Yep its a baffled winged sump.... in good nick too...not sure if he has the dipstick tho...could always modify your own..

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.