When is an aeroscreen not an aeroscreen

neilb

I was just wondering at what point an aeroscreen stops being an aeroscreen and turns into a windscreen and you have to fit wipers, heaters etc..  ???

Is it a simple case of you look over an aeroscreen and through a windscreen or is there a more technical definition?

Thanks

Neil

The definition which you seek is contained within the SVA Manual available from the Vehicle Inspectorate. Basically it defines a vertical limit above the seat base cushion. Anything that intrudes into the driver's FoV above that limit is considered to be a windscreen, and as such requires wipers, washers and a means of de-misting.

HTH

Regards all

Richard

My car has already gone through SVA without a windscreen so when I fitted a screen I didn't bother with a demist as it isnt part of the MOT, I did check with my local testing station, it will fail SVA but isn't part of the MOT. It saved the hassle of plunbing one in. I did have to have the wipers though, even though they dont in reallity actually "wipe" the screen, they more "smear" it!!

My aero screen is 2mm short of being a windscreen from the passengers seat but of from the drivers side look at the picks on my web site link below the seats are at different hights so a pass was granted.

Paul.