Carbon Dash - IVA

TIG Brother

can yo drive the car to the IVA or do you have to take it by trailer?

your legally allowed to drive "directly" there and back. ie your not supposed to go on a 50 mile blat on the way to the test centre thats 5 miles down the road. The only issue would be if it fails on a serious issue ie your brakes/steering are dangerous, then they would stop you driving it home.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adamnreeves

• TIG Brother

• dombanks

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

It may have changed from sva but I was allowed to drive the car after I'd failed the first time to the tuners to sort out the emissions. So I had a cold drive from Runcorn to shrewbury to Chester and back to runcorn

It may have changed from sva but I was allowed to drive the car after I'd failed the first time to the tuners to sort out the emissions. So I had a cold drive from Runcorn to shrewbury to Chester and back to runcorn

I thought the only time you could drive the car on the road without tax is to an MOT station. This is so you can get around a catch 22 situation should your car tax and MOT expired. I had a conversation with VOSA when I was booking my IVA test and the confirmed this although the person I was speaking to didn't seem to be that confident about their knowledge. Anyway if you could drive to the IVA and lets say you failed on something which presented a danger to you and/or other drivers then I suspect you would not be allowed to drive it way.

nope, you are well within you're rights to drive it to the IVA test, i did so on my re-test, it tends to be advised best not too just in case you're car fails on some thing that is dangerous and the car is not allowed back on the road by the tester, you are then stuck getting home, and then having to go collect you're car afterward.

That begs the question; if it's too dangerous to drive, why on Earth are you putting it in for a test?  ???

That begs the question; if it's too dangerous to drive, why on Earth are you putting it in for a test?  ???

you might happen to own a robin hood  ???

Now you're just being a lightweight  ;)  :p