Weber 45's with 34mm chokes ???

DAZ 4

Does anybody know where to purchase repacement Weber chokes in the London/Essex area, as my VX has 45's with 34 mm chokes which I'm told are too small. I believe 38mm or 40mm are what is needed  ???

Darren

Andy - He was first on my list  ;)  :D thanks

Just got the car back from having the "Coscast" head put on, all appears ok at the moment  :) . Had the same problems as you with the distributor (slot needed cutting to get the advance that was required), Will get an EMS when funds permitting  ;)

How's yours running ?

Darren

My distributor is just plain knackered, so it's running like a bag of spanners - thanks for asking :)

Seriously, the timing is (according to Rob), all over the place at light throttle, so town driving is a pain. I really need to get it replaced - a new distributor is about £200 fitted, and an Emerald distributorless electronic ignitiion system is more like £700-800 fitted and mapped.

I'm undecided which to go for; given that the car isn't seeing much use at the moment I might even wait until next summer before getting it sorted. After the fun and games with the carbs and other issues, I'm fed up with spending money on the thing for now, and it'll soon be scooby weather again anyway :(

Glad to hear that you've persisted with the car and didn't give in after all, hope it's all OK now. Has it been worth it? (Hint: go for a blat before answering!;)

A.

Andy - Just used it 2 days running.........that's a record  :0

Should be seeing Rob next week to be tuned (after I've cut the bonnet and fitted the Ram pipes & filters :D )

Darren