It's running!!!

Ian Gratton

After quite a few niggles, spending ages looking for an engine and many self inflicted wounds :D, on saturday afternoon, after a "little" help, we got the XTR2 started. First time :D:d

Couldn't run it for more than a couple of seconds though as the MAP sensor is missing and we don't wanna temp fate, but it's looking good.

All the wiring bar the indicators is finished and after we've got the MAP sensor and throttle cable in, it'll be totally driveable.

We've got quite a few small jobs to do, but, fingers crossed, it'll be finished in 3 weeks :D

Temptation to rush is hard..........

Build diary will be updated shortly again - will try and get a wav file on it for people who are as sad as us ;):D

Craig (using Ians pc ) :sheep:

Congratulations.

Keep the website updates coming.  I'll get down to the factory to order mine in a couple of weeks.

Regards

David

Well Done Craig....for using my PC  :durr:

Yep...it sure is pretty lumpy at the moment - judging by the exhaust its over fueling like b*******y right now.

Once the MAP sensor is on it should be able to idle on saturday - which it needs - the exhaust wrap on the manifold is soaking wet - I'm sure the SVA people won't like that :)

So - from the end of april til now - A car is very very nearly born !!!

Amazing

Ian.

Ian/Craig,

Well done boys, but I wouldn't be running that engine in that state for too long - if nothing else you'll kill the cat.

Look forward, in a tragically sad way, to hearing your engine though :D

Dave