2005 / 55 Fisher Fury R1 - £7650

samcooke

Reluctantly, but necessarily, for sale - my Fisher Fury. :(

4.jpg

Faster, more comfortable and better handling than a Westfield ;)

Built from 2003-5 with absoulte focus on weight saving and careful component selection. Comes in at only 450kg with 150bhp from its 20 valve Yamaha engine = 330bhp per tonne.

Arguably more attractive, and certainly more distinctive, silhouette than a Westfield ;), but more importantly its closed-wheel design is far better aerodynamically, giving better acceleration. The Fury has proved this advantage regularly in various racing formulae, most notably the 750MC's Road-going Bike-engined Car series. It is also able to run more softly sprung suspension than a Westfield without compromising the handling, so is more comfortable over the bumps and gives more confidence when pressing on around country lanes.

Built on the optional lighter race chassis with the flared FS Spyder bodywork, allowing a wider rear track, and was registered in 2005. Having been built with all new parts and a reconditioned engine and gearbox from the more robust 2000MY 5JJ Yamaha R1, it bears a 55 registration plate rather than the Q plate assigned to mixed-age cars. It also features a full windscreen, giving far more comfort at speed than the usual small deflectors.

It is finished in the custom-order colour of Arctic Blue with grey panelled interior and carbon-fibre dash and uses the original motorcycle instrumentation, recalibrated to suit the car. Fitted with high-back GRP/carbon fibre race seats and harness belts, a bespoke sequential gear lever turned from solid titanium, the preferred floor-mount brake and clutch pedals and the option of a 240mm D-shaped steering wheel or more tactile 300mm round item, both quick-release.

The AB perfromance supplied engine produces a standard 140bhp but is fitted with a Pipercross air filter and has been rejetted by AB to an estimated 150bhp. The six speed sequential gearbox allows lightening fast clutchless upshifts and the car is fitted with the desirable longer 3.54 ratio differential, making it perfectly tractable in town but sensibly geared for fast road and track use, hitting the limiter in top at 129mph.

Only I have owned and driven it from new and has covered just 7,000 miles since build and has been regularly fully serviced, including a full service in December 2009. It drives exactly as it should and is in spotless condition.

Comes with a folder of build receipts and images.

EXTERIOR

* Full screen spyder bodywork

* Classic 'big bulge' bonnet

* Special order arctic blue colour

* Carbon fibre mirrors

* Custom black rim headlights

* Clear / LED indicators

4a.jpg

4b.jpg

INTERIOR

* Lightweight GRP / carbon fibre race seats

* Willans harnesses

* Carbon fibre dash with bike clocks

* Custom grey painted aluminium panelling

* Rubber floormats

* Vinyl trim

* Bespoke solid titanium gearlever

* Push button start

* Racetech quick release steering wheel

4e.jpg

4d.jpg

CHASSIS

* Silver powdercoated lightweight chassis

* Forward and diagonal braced rollbar

* Fully adjustable Spax dampers

* Rose-jointed front suspension

* Rose-jointed rear panhard rod

* Corner weighted and set up for 75kg driver

* Twin-cylinder bias adjustable brakes

* Solid / braided brake hoses

ENGINE AND DRIVE

* 2000MY 5JJ R1 engine

* Uprated clutch

* Laser cut sump baffle, prevents oil surge

* Pipercross airfilter

* Rejetted and set up by AB performance

* Custom silicone / aluminium water hoses

* Lightweight aluminium radiator

* New lightweight gel battery

* Stainless steel 4-1 exhaust

* Custom rose-jointed gear linkage

* Bailey morris propshaft

* Longest available 3.54 differential

4c.jpg

WHEELS / TYRES

* Lightweight (4.5kg) 13x6 Compomotive CXR, matt black, custom offsets

* Yokohama A021R tyres, 185 front, 205 rear

----

Lots of images available by email - anniesam at btinternet dot com

Currently garaged at work near Halstead, North Essex, though I can always drive it home to Cambridge if that's easier.

Sam

07956 3060 three four

good luck with the sale Sam - cracking motor  :cool:

good and bad news all rolled into one

• 3 weeks later...
Do I need to go back to my opticians for an eye test  ???  or is that the weirdest looking Fury in the world  ;)

The build quality of this fisher is exquisite..ive seen some homebuilt cars in my time but this is superb! :p  :p  :p

I could swap a westy..(always fancied a fury)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.