Kit Vs Manual - Reprise

Been out of touch for a few days (back at parents' house, building) but I didn't expect such a long reply   :D

The chassis is currently resting on two tables and, although I've not sat in it, it doesn't seem to be bending, though I've not measured it...

Anyway, I have now been building for two days (minus tool buying & taxiing parents away  ;)  ) and have managed to fit the transmission tunnel side panels, the rear bulkhead & LHS front bulkhead.

I am now crippled from using a nasty rivet gun that requires inhuman strength to 'fire' (knew I went to the gym for a reason  :D ) but it's mostly looking ok. I had a real problem the drilling holes in tight corners (some were rather angled) and could not actually rivet two of them because the gun would not fit - still trying to decide what to do about that. Answers on a postcard....

Has anyone else had to file their panels? A lot of mine would not fit around the welds.

Also, my fibreglass 'pedal inspection cover' does not seem quite right: the manual shows it flat with a slight extrusion for the steering column but mine has an upturned part, i.e.:

/    <- upturned part!

-----------/

Is this right since it seems too short?

Cheers,

- Dan.

Westfieldman

In your picture, is that yellow `T` thing the pull starter, it looks just the same as the one on my mountfield lawnmower

Hilux ;)