Carbon Mirrors

Mossman

Hello again!

I want to get some carbon side mirrors and a small, dash monuted rear one. Any advice as to the best place to buy?

Many thanks in advance,

Mossman

Nick M - I've looked at these myself, what part number did you order ? and did you have to block the old ones off (once removed) ?

Darren

Including the Racetech ones for £5 each more than you pay from Raceparts ;)

Daz, not sure what you mean by "block the old ones off" - I have an ickle wind deflector and the mirrors are bolted through that into the scuttle.

I ordered two F1 type - RTMBC (they're unhanded - you just twist the stem to whichever side suits) and one straight stem F1 type - RTMBC2 - as a central mirror.

Nick M - Sorry should have made myself clearer, I have a full screen and have the black plastick type ones which if removed I'm sure would need blocking off in some way. Someone else may want to elaborate, as I've removed the small screw on one and it did not come off (didn't try too hard though  :) ).

Darren

Daz, there are another two screws which can only be accessed by removing the windscreen pillar. As for blanking off the casting, err ask the audience? Maybe you could get two aluminium 'plugs' to bond or screw into the resulting holes? If a bit of thought was put into it, they could maybe be adapted to affix the new mirrors......  ;)

Stu999 - Thanks for that, I thought I was going mad when the mirrors didn't drop off after the screw was removed  :D  :D  I can't believe the windscreen pillar has to be removed though  :0  will look again tomorrow.

I think nice shiny blanking plates with slim arms and carbon fibre mirrors is the order of the day, Stop it.......... I should think about getting the head sorted first  ???

Stop that Daz! Function before aesthetics!  ;)  :D

Someone has mentioned that there are a few nike companies offering carbon mirrors too... I don't suppose anyone knows any - I really want a tiny one for the rear view mirror and Demon Thieves want £130 for theirs!!!  :0  :arse:

Many thanks for all the replies.

Mossman