Where to buy heatproof silicone ???

Ian Gratton

Morning folks,

just a quick question - where is the best place to quickly source heatproof (or high temparature) silicone ?  I have to stick the heat blanket onto our fuel cell very soon.

I'm sure one of you bright sparks knows where to obtain it from.

Regards

Ian.

Plumbers merchants sell something to block up chimneys/flues. I forget what it's called though............

Isn't normal silicone sealant pretty heatproof?

Pretty sure I heard of someone who bunged up and exhaust with some - they get pretty hot (ask my hand which stoopidly touched it when it was running the other day).

Helpful aren't I?

Dave

I have used silicone on lots of exhausts and it works a treat

Cheers for that guys...

I won't attempt to touch hot things - it sounds painful.  

Speaking of heat - anyone got any Ideas how hot a hayabusa manifold is likely to run ??? my old P1 downpipe regularly registed 770 degrees on my exhaust gas gauge  :0

Maybe we should try normal silicone first - the fuel cell isn't going to get too hot I guess.  I'll get some of the other stuff anyway.

Ian.