Advice on a road/track car. please!!!!!!

peterpeter

I am looking to buy a westy as a road/track car and have a budget of £8500 maximum.

Can anyone give me an idea of what i can get for this money??

Which engine should I go for ??VX/Zet?Pinto?

Does a 165 bhp pinto outperform the standard zetec???

How much heavier is the pinto???

Do I need LSD?

Cycle wings or Swept wings??

should I try to get a car for 7K?? ie a 94/95  pinto based wide body .no lsd???

where is the best place to find a car??Mags or autotrader??

I've said it before and I'll say it again  ;)  :D  :)

Download a membership form join the WSCC (before you get a car) and receive the club magazine with loads of cars for sale, many within your budget  ;)  :D  :)  And get along to your nearest club meet and talk to other owners about their experiences  :D  :)

Hear hear!!!

Its not just a sales pitch.....seriously, it will be the best £25 you will spend in your quest for a Westy!!

Keep looking at Auto Trader and Find-it for an idea of what you can get for your money.

Look at as many cars as you can so you can start finding out what to look for.

Every Westfield is different - this is a strength and a weakness. You can't view it as just another car purchase - you have to find one that has the spec. you want, been built to your satisfaction, at the price you can afford.

But the search is all part of the fun!!

Good Luck

;)

Here goes stick my neck on the block. If you had a 165bhp pinto in a car that weighed the same as a 165bhp Zetec/Vx then the out right performance is going to be about the same very little in it. The difference is going to be felt on the road when you take them for a spin the Vx/Zetec are going to have a much better spread of torque and are likely to be more fun on the road.

The best advise is go and drive some and make up your own mind and if it is going to do some track work you may find a bike engine car is what you are looking for.

it will be the best £25 you will spend in your quest for a Westy!!

But its less than £25.00 to join the WSCC  ;)  :p  :D  :)  :cool:  :D  :p  ;)  :)

But there is a 28 day wait for processing

picky picky........... ;)  :D  :)

It would be easier for you to make up your mind of your required spec if you were to try out a few and take a look over various spec cars ............. by far the easiest way is to get along to a warm dry sunny club meet (rare these days of British summer I know) and take a look at as many diffeing cars as poss, ask nicely & someone may take you for a ride (scuse wording)  :D  :)  ;)

The factory may also be able to take you for a test drive in their latest Zetec / bike powered units.

Have fun and be prepared to shop around  :)  ;)  :D  :)