old wiring loom

Hammy

looking of an old Westfield wiring loom -can be damaged tatty etc.   Planning dashboard and other wiring mods and need to extend some of the wiring but would like to keep colours correct.

wot u got ?

Hammy - I have an old loom but I made it myself and pretty sure I used the correct colour codes. I also have odds of the cables that I used to make left over somewhere.  If you let me know what colours you want I can check it out and see if I have what you want

John

John unfortunately  I won't know what I need until I pull the dash board out. I was intending to just snip bits out of an old loom as required when I mod  the wiring - likely to  be most things  behind the dash as i'm thinking of installing a Clio type stalk  and moving heater, fog lamp switches to the centre console to get a "smooth" look to the panel

but thanks for the kind offer :)

i'm at the "collecting bits" stage of the project :)

• 1 month later...

I'm still looking for  that elusive old loom - it seems that some of the colours are just not easily available. I've seen one or two suppliers but they don't seem to carry all the colours used

If you can help I'm looking for  esp :

Green/grey tracer

White/ purple

brown/purple

and pretty much all the dash switch duo colours inc

green/purple

brown/light green

red/light green

blue/light green

white/red

green/blue

green/black

green/red

light green/blue

brown/yellow

green/white

blue/white

purple/black

blue/red

blue/white

short lenghths would do (~0.5m), as would probably a loom or part loom from any oldish car.

any offers ?

I'm sure the wiring colours are the same as British Leyland / Lucas, so an old mini / metro / etc loom might turn up what you need as well...

Good point Martin thx ,  John may have just come to my rescue with some of the colours.

I do also some ebaying for metro/mins/..,. poss other BL old nails too

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.