Megablade Costs

DAZ

Hi there

After buying the starter kit and bearing in mind i already have a 1998 engine/clocks/loom,would a budget of £4000 be enough to finish the build off with new parts or would hunting for 2nd hand parts be order of the day,not looking at fitting reverse. ???  ???

Any help wud b much appreciated DAZ

Gut reaction says 4K isn't enough. How complete is the starter kit?

Do you have powdercoated chassis and wishbones, with bushes already fitted? How much interior trim do you have/want? Wheels and tyres? Brake calipers/pads/lines? Steering rack? Lights? Loom? Seats? Cooling system? Cat for the exhaust (an SVA requirement with a '98 engine), and the exhaust system itself? Seat belts/harnesses? And that's before you start finding things that need fettling to fit (how handy are you with a set of spanners? How much will have to be done for you by a pro?), and consumables like oil/coolant/brake fluid/air filters/cables.

And that lot is just off the top of my head. Make sure you choose your suppliers carefully (IE, ask the board for help before spending a shed load of cash, lest some smart A*** like me comes along and says you could have saved a load of cash by buying from X instead of Y).

Sorry............

Hmmm I think thats possible, just.

After all, the starter kit is 3K isnt it, so we're talking about a total budget of 7K with the engine thrown in for nowt.

Get a sierra diff from a scrapper, some cortina uprights, the prop will be about 200quid (my site shows you how to mount the centre bearing etc). A set of minitors with A021rs is <450quid. Stick some cheap instruments in there, some Locost/Plays-kool seats.

After all, a complete kit (less wheels/tyres and engine) is 8995 and this includes 900quid of reverse box, an expensive new diff etc.

In summary, it'll be hard work and require effort, but should be possible.

Cheers,

Al (http://cdslash.rm-rfstar.org/orange)