• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Urban legend

Phssthpok

??? In the long, lost hours of night,  have you ever cracked opened the garage door and found a ghost sitting in your Westfield’s passengers seat? No, nor have I, but I did once find a human head on the bonnet….

:0 ….back in the early 90’s I was studying for my masters, and supplementing my non-existent grant by working nights in JR2 (Oxford’s numero uno general hospital) as a bank nurse in ICU. By a soupcon of luck my mother was pals with the head of pathology and I was given a key to the path labs exclusive, underground  car park so I could lock the Westfield away safely from the nocturnal reprobates that infest hospitals. After 6pm the car park was deserted and the dim lighting reminded me of one of those places that at least 3 students meet an untimely end in any one of the Halloween movies. Not that I was bothered, because once the Westfield was locked up for the night I didn’t need to return until the morning. Or so I thought.

:( For the first month everything went swimmingly then I met this jerk of a night porter in the canteen. I was never sure if it was me or the Westfield he didn’t like but, right from our first meeting, he started with the usual derogatory guff about kitcars we all get from time to time, only this guy was persistent. Then came the fateful night….