One Quick Question

DavidC

Hi,

Would the uprights from a Y-Reg Cortina (not sure what year the old Y's are) be suitable fotr a Westy? I don't know much habout cortinas, so I dunno what Mk that year would be.

Thanks

David C

Hmm... what else on one of those Cortina's could be useful?

SWMBO has an X-reg 2.0 Ghia that been on bricks in her grans garage for the past couple of years....

Hmmmmmmm

Flog the engine to Tiger/Robin Hood types, the 4 speed box might be the "right" one for conversion to a straight cut sprint 'box for the weight conscious around here, and the rest to the owners club. There must be one.................

Yup. Have a look here..........and try typing "cortina owners" into Yahoo.co.uk. There are loads of sites for Cortina loving types.........

okay, here's a 2nd question.

I've just got a Sierra rear axle with drum brakes and I think Tripodes on the driveshafts. Apart from the diff is there any other part I should be keeping?

Oh yeah, are there any identifying markings on the Diff that'll tell the me ratio?

Cheers

DC

Maybe the gearbox if its a type 9 and you want a 5 speed.

John

I've just got a Sierra rear axle with drum brakes and I think Tripodes on the driveshafts. Apart from the diff is there any other part I should be keeping?

Is this for a Westy? I think you need to get a diff with 'bolt on' driveshafts.

XR4x4  ;)  :D  :)  :p

Probably the best all round starting piont is a XR4x4 rear beam axel

You get a 3.62 LSD the outer drive shafts and the rear callipers and brackets

You then need to find a normal 4 pot one for the gearbox and handbrake lever

and choose, the engine Zetec 1800 is good value for money and easy to get hold of cheaply and good for 387BHP

Just winding Blatman up talking of winding up is that old Ford engine winding up into a go'er?

Paul.

also the 2.0 gls has slippy diff / disc brakes and proper drive shafts. u can check by getting it off the ground and turning one wheel. other one should rotate same way.