fuel pump

rob iles

:(  :0  ??? hello ,all

what is best pump to have fitted on 1700 xflow with

twin 40 dcoes.  :0  :0 ?

Anyone got a part no, rough price, or know of a decent supplier for either of the above.

any info much appreciated,

cheers ,rob

;)  ;)  :)  :)  :D  :0  :0

:cool: I run a mechanical one as supplied by dear old (dead) Henry Ford connected to a fuel regulator and it works fine for me.

Ps. washing-up liquid is great to clean cars with

I've got a Facet (red top) interrupter pump. About £35 (in kit, inc. anti vibration mountings and inlet filter) from Burtons, Westfield etc. They need mounting close to the tank.

I've heard that their relibability is poor, but haven't had any problems myself. You'll still need a fuel pressure regulator to remove the risk of flooding the needle valves on the carbs,

An electric pump has the major benefit that it pumps all the time, rather than when the engine is turning. This makes cold starts much easier, since you don't need to crank the engine to refill the carbs with petrol.

Ian

Hi Rob

Electric or mechanical, does kind of depend on wether the previous muppet snipped the lecky loom? :angry: (sorry couldn't resist). It would be a simple job even if you had to wire it in from scrach.  You could wire in a hidden switch to make the car a little harder to nick :)  .  High capacity lecky pump would be a good investment if you are planning on lots of engine mods or a change, (you probably wont be changing for a while if you are just putting the X-Flow in, or you would possibly have gone Zetec from the off ) otherwise the mechanical pump should be fine.

My 1700 X-Flow runs a mechanical pump with no regulator, supplying DHLA 40's, producing 130BHP.  I don't know if dellortos are more tollerant to flooding than DCOE's, but I have no problems so far.  I've tried looking for a part No but can't see much of the pump due to the carbs, sorry.

Hope you get going soon.

PS did you get the build manual OK

:D  :D hi, Neil, not received manual yet, but u know wot

consignia/royal mail are like at the minute. :0  :0  :0

As there is no pump fitted at the mo, the (muppet) that sold

the previous1700,burton stage 3 xflow engine with m/pump

fitted.   :durr:  :arse:

I am in need of westfield wisdom,  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0

that is the WSCC kind :D  :D

The leccy one you mentioned,any idea of price? any specific

make or model.  Would any ford mech/pump do :durr:  or

would i have to hunt scrappy' for a xflow, bit like rocking horse

poooooooh :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  especially round here.

anyway the quest for movement carries on. :sheep:

Rob - when i mentioned lecky, it was short for electrical, I cant offer much  more wisdom, other than a couple of phone numbers to try.

Burton power 020 8554 2281

Peter Loyd rallying 01656 724777

Both of the above should be able to sort you out with LECKY or mechanical, but as for prices????

Just noticed if you type 4 of ?, you get????

Evenin' Rob,

My 1.6 CVH with twin DCOE40's runs a Facet solid state pump (Kit with all the bits and bobs is Westfield part 4010001 @ £44.68 plus VAT, Facet part number 40105K, as Demon Thieves Motorsport cat. page 186 item 1) which pumps out @ 2.5-3.0 psi.  No pressure regulator required.  That's for engines with fast road usage.  If you're going to track it, you need the next one up at 4.0-5.5 psi with a pressure regulator.  IMHO, go for the first one and you'll be fine.  As previously said, much better for cold starts than mechanical one, and remember the Uncle Henry one was probably meant for a two barrel Holley, not two Webers.  Not much point having a swimming pool if it never has enough water to go diving!  You can also put in a kill switch to stop the pump from running, which might be important considering where your car is kept overnight! :0

You might try the carb place behind Kwik Save on West Street for prices, Optimum on 01926 314127.  Just a thought.

Catch you soon!  Good luck! :D