Oil gallery plug or porous head

hilux

I have been reading discussions regarding Vx head porosity and noted an oil gallery plug problem has been suggested as possible cause. having just bought a westie with vx 16v 2L engine I would be interested in someone describing the problems/cures etc

[Life is too short.......] :)

Your first message says it all there my friend," life IS too short", if you dont have a problem with the engine then don't look for one. I had an interest in this post as a contact of mine who preps rally cars etc, lots with VX redtops suggested that out of the DOZENS of car owners that have been frightened into pourosity checks, he has yet to find a single proven case. Yes I have no doubt it does happen, but it is not the problem you may be lead to believe. Just get out and drive it. And yes Ive just got back in after a fantastic first weekend of real summer weather blasting around Amber /Trent valley.bl**** brilliant.

Brian.

I agree Brian as a "Porous" head was not found to be the cause in my case, however I am sure that there have been "Porous" cases.

Anybod who wants further info or thinks they have a problem should call Burton Engineering (CTM) in Ilford Tel : 020 8554 3534, I dealt with Charlie who was extremely helpful and appeared to have a lot of experience with the Vauxhall engines.

All I would like to add is that previously I owned a Vauxhall Calibra. I was warned on many occasions of the porous head syndrome which was said to be more of an issue with high milage engines.

I can say from my experience that I never encountered any problems during the time I owned the car, it had done 90K of miles by the time I had sold it.

Theres no point worrying about a problem that may never affect you engine.

Stu G