Wheels and Tyres

Stu

I am curently building a Westfield SE with 1.8 Pinto and type 9 five speed box.

My question is, I have five 13" RS alloys with 185 x 60 tyres. I need to purchase new tyres all round for the SVA. Any idea what speed rating I should go for and should I stay with 60 profiles or fit 70 profiles

Thanks in advance

Stuart G ???

If you have enough ground clearance, then stick with the 60's. If your car has ever been set up, it was probably set up on the 60's, so change might upset the balance. H rated will be adequate, and cheaper than V rated.....remember, if it ain't broke, don't fix it........

When you fill in the SVA form one of the questions is what is the top speed this is then use against you for tyre ratings so if you put down as an answer 140 mph then you will have to pay for top tyres put in a lower speed 10 mph below the tyre rating then thats the tyre you can use.

You will have to look at the tyre ratings at a tyre co. for the info needed.

Paul.

just to help speed ratings go as thus:

L=120 KM/H

M=130 KM/H

N=140 KM/H

P=150 KM/H

Q=160 KM/H

R=170 KM/H

S=180 KM/H

T=190 KM/H

U=200 KM/H

H=210 KM/H