• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Can I buy

samcooke

for my standard bodied car.

I had a go at cutting one out of a sheet of fibreglass over the weekend and it wasn't at all pretty. :(

I'd like a black one.

Any one know of a source?

Thanks.

Paul @Plays-Kool will be able to do you a carbon fiber one, have a look on the links page for there web site and give him a ring.

He has done quite a few bits for me recently and is very approachable and reasonably priced.

:D  :D  :D

I have no connection with Plays-Kool other than beeing a very satisfied coustomer. :t-up:

Furtive - :blush:  Why thank you!

Jon - You mean like this one?  :D  :t-up:

The carbon one on the SGW came from Plays-Kool.  He fitted it and did a top job.  Top tip:  Go around the edges of the carbon with a black, permanent, waterproof marker.  It tidies it up 100 percent.

*UPDATE*

(You are interested)

My local metal worker will measure it up, cut it out of 16 gauge ally, drill it for fasteners and powder coat it black for 30 quid plus VAT.

That'll do nicely. :)

Yes and yes.

I had a 285 cam done at the same time and it honestly feels like an entirely different engine.

It revs so much easier above 4k and pulls much harder. There's now enough poke to goon easily in second gear corners and off roundabouts and it will scoot past 50mph traffic at the top of third. Sounds better too. :t-up:

The carbs were second hand so it cost well under 500 notes all in, including a rolling road set up.

Do it as soon as you can. Mine now feels better than the £6k+ cars I drove when I was shopping about but stands me in less than £4k - for now... :(