SE Wide Vauxhall 16v - Can I convert to Hayabusa ?

DAZ 4

Being a total "newbie" I would like to know if I can convert a SE Wide Vauxhall 16V to a bike engined car ie Blade or Busa ??

Seconded. The 3 grand you will spend on the 'Busa/Blade conversion will see you with a cookin', dry sumped, fuel injected Vx that will eat a bike engined car for breakfast.......

That'll do it....... :0  :devil:

*tick tock tick tock*

They must all be away fixing their fragile engines....

(soon to join their ranks :o )

Can I have your Vauxhall engine then  :D  :)  ;)

Oh and why convert  ???  ???  :(  :0  ???  from Vaux to bike when for a smaller investment you can get loads more umph  :durr:  ;)  ???

Aha, but you'll never get a darty front end or unbelievable braking distances ;)

(Sorry, had to say something, cos you'll be disappointed otherwise. Dont flame me, my BEC v CEC arguments are very light hearted these days!;)

Hmmmm. If you've got a XFlow or a CVH, then I can understand the appeal of converting to bike power, but when you've got ~180bhp already I can only assume you're doing it for the revs/gears/sounds?.

I've got a 400kgs 'blade and one up I'd say its about as quick as 180bhp VX XE in a straight line, probably better at braking and cornering mind. But 2up, its not as quick as a 2up 180bhp XE.

Tis just my cup of tea though, I personally love it and think as a trackday fun car there is nothing that suits my current circumstances/preferences better.

Cheers,

Al (details of an SE W blackbird conversion at:

http://cdslash.rm-rfstar.org

Yeah you can convert very easily, I have just converted a standard body SE from Xflow to an R1 engine, no problems you just have to use your brains alittle!  :D

Good luck and hope you do the Busa engine - it would be the ultimate!!