Rear shock absorber

Davep1

I am looking for 1 rear standard westfield adjustable shock absorber (open 36cm, closed 27cm approx) of current build standard if anyone has one gathering dust!

(to replace a leaky one).

Thanks,

Dave.

PM Sent

I have one, looks like an AVO label on it, numbers A4 194 stamped on it. The body is black, adjustable spring seat.

Ritchie

Ritchie,

The numbers you gave dont match - the one I need to match is a factory GAZ type

I dont seem to be able to upload an image - but its the type westfield still sell (http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/shop/uploads/html/Set_of_4_shock_absorber_and_springs_130_1.htm)

However if you have 2...!

Many Thanks,

Dave.

Dave, It looks the same as the pic. It cam of a Vauxhall SEi that was damagaed. The other one was bent. You are welcome to try it if you want.

Ritchie

Dave

You should really be replacing in pairs! I cant think any reason to justify not - there not even that expensive new. ???

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the advice - fortunately we dont live in an ideal world, and there are too many other more important variables to worry about (Mechanical or organic)

EG placing a 15 stone lump in one half of a 500 Kg Westfield has far more effect on handling than a shock that may vary 10 percent from its partner.

I try to keep all things in perspective and drive accordingly.

Cheers,

Dave.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.