Spare Wheel Covers

Mickie C

Does anyone know where I could get hold of a spare wheel cover for a 13 inch wheel.  I bought new set of 15 inch alloys last year but only bought 4!  The spare is an old alloy under a pretty tatty blue cover.  Do Westfield produce them? I couldn't see on on the parts section of the web site.

If you're using 15" wheels on the car a 13" spare is about as useful as a chocolate teapot  ;)  get rid of the spare and save a lot of weight that's in the wrong place (ie. outside the wheelbase) and use the AA/RAC to fix it if you get a puncture  :cool:

oh yeah, and spare wheel covers are for 4x4s  :D

It's more from an aesthetics point of view that I want the new wheel cover as I don't even carry a jack or wheel brace.  The fibreglass behind the spare has discoloured quite badly (it's 10 years old) and no amount of polishing / t-cutting is going to clean it up.  Therefore I need a new spare wheel cover.

Be warned, PeterG takes low car weight too seriously - he has just removed his gearbox to lose weight :0

If all else fails, Robin Hood do them but I don't know if they have their logo on theirs ...

M&M Classic also do them I believe - Speak to Mark 01775 640 423

Steve, I think you meant to type "has just removed his gearbox" rather than

he has just his gearbox to lose weight
and it is only a temporary measure  ;)  unfortunately my own weight is now proportionately a much harder thing to lose  :D

Cover the faded bit with on of those large Westfield sticker as see on the Bike cars and some others.

Paul.

I know it sounds very obvious but Westfield do these covers both with and without their logo - I just checked in their latest price list.

For cosmetic purposes (nothing wrong with that!!;) a logo'd Westfield one would make sense.

£52.75 no logo

£61.50 with logo

both prices include VAT

Hmmm, £9 for free advertising eh that sounds like a good deal  ;)

cue : helicopters whirring overheard and phone lines being cut :)

If you wait till the next kit car show that you are able to attend, you can usually pick one up for about £30 in a wide choice of colours and no advertising on it  ;)  :)

or try Robin Hood (did I really say that, aaaggghhhhh)............ Nurse.

Might be a daft idea but if your getting those seats made why not get a wheel cover done as well?

p.s. Did you get the measurements for the seats? :cool:

Crazee,

Got the measurement at the end of last week, thanks very much.  Spend most of Sunday with the jigsaw, a large piece of marine plywood and a measuring tape.  Just need to take the pieces to an upholsterer and that'll be me.  Cheers mate.

As for getting one made, I didn't even think about it.  Good thinking, however I've just ordered one from Westfield.  Dark Blue with white lettering for £65.  Not bad at all.

I'll let you know how the seats work out.  Nice diagrams by the way!!!

Cheers

Mike