• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Westfield V6 Build

VauxMad_Kris

Not new to the forum world but new to Westfield. Been thinking about buying one for years, but slowly saving up and come into some money next year so i decided to get the info i need to start the build. Basically my current plan is to fit the V6 engine out of an omega the 3ltr, I know the xe is a popular choice but would like to try something thats prob not been done or not many of.

Has anyone fitted or tried to fit the Vauxhall V6 from an omega? Also my other question is, can i get hubs that are a 5x110pcd instead of std 4studs.

Any help and advice will be greatly appricated.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VauxMad_Kris

• stu999

• FW500

• Buzz Billsberry

cheers for that peter, most forums dont let you search for v6 :lmao: as its too small. for some reason pics not working for me must be as im at work damm firewall. Glad its been done so its possible.

No, not :t-up:  your firewall, I think they've been moved/deleted from their original location so the links don't work anymore...

That omega V6 westfield is still in NI. Fantastic build quality and still in mint condition. Car gets well used on the road, hillclimbs and racing. Sounds fantastic, think it weighs in at around 620kg complete with carpets and full windscreen.  :cool:

Not new to the forum world but new to Westfield. Been thinking about buying one for years, but slowly saving up and come into some money next year so i decided to get the info i need to start the build. Basically my current plan is to fit the V6 engine out of an omega the 3ltr, I know the xe is a popular choice but would like to try something thats prob not been done or not many of.

Has anyone fitted or tried to fit the Vauxhall V6 from an omega? Also my other question is, can i get hubs that are a 5x110pcd instead of std 4studs.

Any help and advice will be greatly appricated.

Welcome :t-up:

Do remember that 'going unconventional' invariably means extra cost for the builder - and extra hassle too. Not trying to put you off, in fact I like those who dare to be different. Two things that spring to mind are one-off engine mountings, and one-off exhaust (or rather, exhausts for a V6!)

Hubs. Granada five stud hubs (Mk2 Granny on the front, Mk3 on the rear) could potentially be used - but I haven't got a clue what the PCD of Granny stuff is! Why the desire to use five studs?

stu thanks for the reply, reason for the 5 stud hubs is because I have the part lying round in my shed, as i use the same parts for my vectra gsi and cavalier turbo, have some nice wheels, just makes more sense from my point of view to reuse what i already have on the shelf than to buy something new.

:sheep:  but you probably can't use the Vectra wheels anyway as they're for FWD cars so the offsets will be way out for fitting to a Westfield...  :t-up:

Granada hubs wont do then, it they are for VX wheels.

As peter mentions, the offset is very likely to be incorrect. The ideal offset varies depending on the width  of rim required, but anywhere between ET15 and 38. IIRC Vectras use ET49 :(

Besides which, reading between the lines, I guess the wheels you were looking to use have a slightly bigger diameter than 15"? Large diameter wheels can be fitted to Westfields (subject to the right offset of course!), but it does tend to take the edge off the handling abilites. As a general rule, the smaller and lighter, the better :cool: